Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Accidents down 40% in AD thanks to BB outage

Accidents down 40% in AD thanks to BB outage

Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:38 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Accidents down 40% in AD thanks to BB outage

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No surprise, really. RTAs are the single largest cause of death in Saudi, which is amazing considering they're not exactly health fanatics.
Apparently in the 70's the number of deaths due to RTA's in Saudi was exceeding the birth rate - bit of a shame they could not have maintained that particular statistic....
Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:11 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Hadn't heard that. I'd assumed that it was plain indifference to everyone else.

On a related note, I'm tempted to video some arrogant bastard whizzing past a line of queued traffic and then forcing his way into the queue at the last moment. I find that highly offensive, and if giving offence here is a criminal act then surely I'd have a valid case of reporting the twat.
Oh yes. A prime example of that type of driving can be seen in JLT where the road splits between the turn for SZR and off towards the Bonnington.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Oh yes. A prime example of that type of driving can be seen in JLT where the road splits between the turn for SZR and off towards the Bonnington.
another example is when on 19th st (al saada) in AUH joining 30th st (khaleej al arabi st), they have added an extra lane so there is now 3 to go left but people still insist on pushing in from the right when they cant be bothered to queue ........ NOT IN FRONT OF ME they dont