British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Is it acceptable for Men to shave / wax their body hair ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/acceptable-men-shave-wax-their-body-hair-584199/)

BangleMan Jan 14th 2009 10:48 am

Is it acceptable for Men to shave / wax their body hair ?

I have never done it myself, but what do you reckon ?

Grace O Malley Jan 14th 2009 10:49 am

Re: Is it acceptable for Men to shave / wax their body hair ?

Depends on how much hair we are talking about.

BangleMan Jan 14th 2009 10:54 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7166080)
Depends on how much hair we are talking about.

Good point.........there are some right hairy backed gits in the queue Wild Wadi sometimes !

Ok, ....

Is is acceptable for a normally haired man to shave / wax ?
Is is acceptable for a very hairy man to shave / wax ?
Is is acceptable for a man to shave his underarms ?
Is is acceptable for a normally haired man to shave / wax his legs, for speed in the water of course...lol ?

I purposely didnt mention anywhere else as I know some of the pervs on here will do it for me, no doubt

Blue Cat Jan 14th 2009 10:59 am

complete turn off for me but it depends on the individual I suppose :confused:

Jeeper Jan 14th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7166095)
Good point.........there are some right hairy backed gits in the queue Wild Wadi sometimes !

Ok, ....

Is is acceptable for a normally haired man to shave / wax ?
Is is acceptable for a very hairy man to shave / wax ?
Is is acceptable for a man to shave his underarms ?
Is is acceptable for a normally haired man to shave / wax his legs, for speed in the water of course...lol ?

I purposely didnt mention anywhere else as I know some of the pervs on here will do it for me, no doubt

Personally I think some men have forgotten that they're men and have succumbed to skin lotions and moisturisers and all the lady things. I know people say it's better etc but ffs sake....soon we'll be wearing make-up to improve our looks.
I'm hairy and I couldn't give a care. nor anyone i've been in a relationship with. Thankfully my back is clear. I do draw the line at hairy backs.
I would feel completely odd waxing.

MataHari Jan 14th 2009 11:02 am

nothing worse than having hair in your mouth...

Fairydust Jan 14th 2009 11:04 am

Yes on all counts - matter of personal choice

MacScot Jan 14th 2009 11:05 am

Well, a week ago, I just had ALL hair between my knees and nipples shaved off for an abdominal laparoscopic operation...so sometimes it is acceptable ! ;)

Had to think of England when my privates were shaved though...but to a Scot that's a real turnoff anyway. :rofl:

MrsHaps Jan 14th 2009 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7166116)
complete turn off for me but it depends on the individual I suppose :confused:

Men, wax or body hair......

Charismatic Jan 14th 2009 11:08 am

I think most people prefer partners who keep a "tidy garden" when it comes to these matters and it's totally normal IMO.

Of course there is personal preference, like I feel the only hair a woman should have should be on her head but that's really a little abnormal perhaps.

lionheart Jan 14th 2009 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7166151)
I think most people prefer partners who keep a "tidy garden" when it comes to these matters and it's totally normal IMO.

Of course there is personal preference, like I feel the only hair a woman should have should be on her head but that's really a little abnormal perhaps.

Not too abnormal as I am with you on that one, mate. Also, if his wife or girlfriend objects to a hairy body then its OK for a man to shave, wax or whatever.

MacScot Jan 14th 2009 11:14 am

Doesn't Spugsy do it in pursuit of his cycling adventures..I'm sure he mentioned it once?

Charismatic Jan 14th 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7166165)
Doesn't Spugsy do it in pursuit of his cycling adventures..I'm sure he mentioned it once?

Back, sack and crack I think is the norm for pedalbiking.

BangleMan Jan 14th 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7166118)
Personally I think some men have forgotten that they're men and have succumbed to skin lotions and moisturisers and all the lady things. I know people say it's better etc but ffs sake....soon we'll be wearing make-up to improve our looks.
I'm hairy and I couldn't give a care. nor anyone i've been in a relationship with. Thankfully my back is clear. I do draw the line at hairy backs.
I would feel completely odd waxing.

I love a bit of moisteriser , me....

BangleMan Jan 14th 2009 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7166151)

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7166162)
Not too abnormal as I am with you on that one, mate. Also, if his wife or girlfriend objects to a hairy body then its OK for a man to shave, wax or whatever.

I bet you two are a nightmare to budge from the Peaches counter in Spinney's :rofl: