British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Is it acceptable....? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/acceptable-593128/)

BangleMan Feb 22nd 2009 9:44 am

Is it acceptable....?

Just listening to UK's Absolute Radio while at work, and they are having a phone in, to see if it is acceptable for a man to have a cuddly toy on his bed ?

Last caller, misses his girlfriend who lives 300miles away, and has a toy monkey called Colin to make up for her ??

I remember Inselaffen had a thing for blow up dolls....., but is it acceptable for a grown man to have a toy ?

I think not !

Charismatic Feb 22nd 2009 9:46 am

Re: Is it acceptable....?

No.

Unless it's your favorite toy car :unsure:.

MataHari Feb 22nd 2009 9:55 am

grown up women with cuddly toys are just as bad...or even worse, those that collect porcelain dolls and have those all over the house...scary

BangleMan Feb 22nd 2009 9:56 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7309968)
grown up women with cuddly toys are just as bad...or even worse, those that collect porcelain dolls and have those all over the house...scary

I saw a car here the other day, that had so many furry toys on the rear shelf, the woman could not possibly have seen out of her window..that look in a car is soooooooo wrong !!!

MataHari Feb 22nd 2009 9:57 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7309975)
I saw a car here the other day, that had so many furry toys on the rear shelf, the woman could not possibly have seen out of her window..that look in a car is soooooooo wrong !!!

bit like having furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror...

Meow Feb 22nd 2009 10:04 am

Agreed. It's just weird.

-

Eva Feb 22nd 2009 10:10 am

hahahhahaaaa- omg yeh!!! Totally bizarre;cuddly toys are manky and those horibble dolls.....Who Lives in a House like This? erm..... Kathy Bates mebbe

BangleMan Feb 22nd 2009 10:20 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7309980)
bit like having furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror...

excuse me....they are West Ham ones and they are stuck to the front window, not the rear view mirror....so there !!!!

*throws toys out of the pram..*

MataHari Feb 22nd 2009 10:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7310030)
excuse me....they are West Ham ones and they are stuck to the front window, not the rear view mirror....so there !!!!

*throws toys out of the pram..*

oh lol...that was just a random comment...didn't know you were one of those saddos that had them...

Norm_uk Feb 22nd 2009 10:29 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7309943)
Just listening to UK's Absolute Radio while at work, and they are having a phone in, to see if it is acceptable for a man to have a cuddly toy on his bed ?

Last caller, misses his girlfriend who lives 300miles away, and has a toy monkey called Colin to make up for her ??

I remember Inselaffen had a thing for blow up dolls....., but is it acceptable for a grown man to have a toy ?

I think not !

If the toy in question is a well maintained mistress I would say it's acceptable for a grown man to have one in his bed when his sweetheart is 300 miles away. :D

N.

MataHari Feb 22nd 2009 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7310057)
If the toy in question is a well maintained mistress I would say it's acceptable for a grown man to have one in his bed when his sweetheart is 300 miles away. :D

N.

good advice for meonline who is missing his wife...

BangleMan Feb 22nd 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7310048)
oh lol...that was just a random comment...didn't know you were one of those saddos that had them...

hmmmmm, random my arse !