Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Lots of half full pitches, depressed dealers all telling the same story of no punters (it was deserted on a Saturday afternoon), found one car to look at among the types we were looking for but its too far to go back for a second look as the same thing pops up on Dubizzle in the city every few days (going to look at one today and can take my wife for a look in the evening if it's suitable) if that was at Motorworld you'd be looking at 400AED in taxis just to view twice.

Felt very sorry for the dealers when we left, it's pot luck trying to get a cab back by the way, order one before you go, better still borrow a car for the day.

One dealer told me he had a couple of cars coming in this week I'd be interested in,but if he phones I'll be asking him to send me photos rather than go out there.
You could do everyone a favour and replace the whole thing with an internet site where the dealer brought the car to the city which interested you, there's no way they'll ever get the footfall out there to make it work.
Hire a car for 100AED for the day...
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Hire a car for 100AED for the day...
And go to Dubai?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Lots of half full pitches, depressed dealers all telling the same story of no punters (it was deserted on a Saturday afternoon), found one car to look at among the types we were looking for but its too far to go back for a second look as the same thing pops up on Dubizzle in the city every few days (going to look at one today and can take my wife for a look in the evening if it's suitable) if that was at Motorworld you'd be looking at 400AED in taxis just to view twice.

Felt very sorry for the dealers when we left, it's pot luck trying to get a cab back by the way, order one before you go, better still borrow a car for the day.

One dealer told me he had a couple of cars coming in this week I'd be interested in,but if he phones I'll be asking him to send me photos rather than go out there.
You could do everyone a favour and replace the whole thing with an internet site where the dealer brought the car to the city which interested you, there's no way they'll ever get the footfall out there to make it work.
Maybe the dealers could drive a car transporter with lots of options to your office so you can look at them all, then decide you don't really like any and then just look on Dubizzle anyway?

Maybe they could lend you all of them for a week at a time so you can see if you like them?

Maybe they could pay your cab fare for you? Or even provide a helicopter so the journey is quicker?
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Maybe the dealers could drive a car transporter with lots of options to your office so you can look at them all, then decide you don't really like any and then just look on Dubizzle anyway?

Maybe they could lend you all of them for a week at a time so you can see if you like them?

Maybe they could pay your cab fare for you? Or even provide a helicopter so the journey is quicker?
Or maybe the dealers could've been located in part of the 25km of empty space off the island you have to drive through to get to them.
That's what they all said, but you know best I guess
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:48 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The dealers are half empty as they are struggling to replace cars they have sold. Saturdays in the Car trade are quiet over here as people will generally spend the day with the family and spend work time or after work looking for cars.

A car dealer will always plead poverty, times are tough etc - Its just the way we are, we all remember the day we sold 30 cars in 1 day and its been down hill ever since............
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe the dealers could've been located in part of the 25km of empty space off the island you have to drive through to get to them.
That's what they all said, but you know best I guess
and maybe the dealers did not have any choice in the matter... they were told to move....!
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
and maybe the dealers did not have any choice in the matter... they were told to move....!
Obviously.
No one relocates their business this far from their customers unless they are forced to, that's my point.

But it's a roaring success according to some on here, and the lack of punters/cars is down to the day of the week or the inability to replace vehicles.
Yeah right.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Obviously.
No one relocates their business this far from their customers unless they are forced to, that's my point.

But it's a roaring success according to some on here, and the lack of punters/cars is down to the day of the week or the inability to replace vehicles.
Yeah right.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
it will be very close to the heart of things, when they 2030 plan is completed and all the cbd is moved over to capital district.