Abu Dhabi United

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:01 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi United

Originally Posted by W10
Elano, Petrov and Wright Phillips...also Johnson (just got into the England squad I believe) - I think that is an excellent midfield.

Now they have Jo and Robhino up front and in Kompany, a man who is going to be the best defender in the world pretty soon.
Elano & Petrov blow hot and cold, good some days, insignificant on others, so not consistent.....Johnson and SWP are good I'll give you that but how many of them would get in the top 6-8 teams midlfields ??? Maybe one player out of those four might !
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:27 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting quote from BBC site:

'Seems the lad's got his head screwed on - he knows he's going to be a big fish in a small pond, but he's aware the pond is growing'

I've had emails from friends in UK about the takeover, it seems the really bitter ones are the Chelsea fans. What short memories they have.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:34 am
W10

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Elano & Petrov blow hot and cold, good some days, insignificant on others, so not consistent.....Johnson and SWP are good I'll give you that but how many of them would get in the top 6-8 teams midlfields ??? Maybe one player out of those four might !
So how many 'teams' have a better midfield?

Arsenal and United for sure, maybe Chelsea...Liverpool - I don't think so...

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:48 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
So how many 'teams' have a better midfield?

Arsenal and United for sure, maybe Chelsea...Liverpool - I don't think so...
Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Portsmouth, to name but a few..

SWP might get into the midfields of Tottenham and Portsmouth, but thats it.

As for the others, dont think any of them would get into the midfields of the above mentioned teams......Johnson wouldnt even get into the West Ham midfield ahead of Parker & Noble and thats saying something !
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Its why I like watching Torres so much, as he stays on his feet no matter what, even if tackled in the area, as he's so determined to score .....wish more players were like that !
haha you made my day there, Torres stands on his feet? On what planet? he is a little senioretta gets knocked down by air itself. I remember when he was playing against Inter Milan in the CL he got Materazzi sent off for a clear dive!! He didn't even touch the guy. Obviously you're watching a diffrent Torres from the one I see on the ground everytime he makes a contact.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:19 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Simao
haha you made my day there, Torres stands on his feet? On what planet? he is a little senioretta gets knocked down by air itself. I remember when he was playing against Inter Milan in the CL he got Materazzi sent off for a clear dive!! He didn't even touch the guy. Obviously you're watching a diffrent Torres from the one I see on the ground everytime he makes a contact.
Clearly a different one from the one I have seen ......am sure there is an irrational hatred of Liverpool influencing your opinion
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly a different one from the one I have seen ......am sure there is an irrational hatred of Liverpool influencing your opinion
yup he may be skinny but he always stays up to score, and does quite often.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:32 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Spugsy
If West Ham could buy one player in the world, would want it to be he him for sure....total class
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:35 am
Hammer for Life

Just thinking Spugsy, the West Ham v Newcastle game in a week or tow could the "BOOOOOOOO - OFF" of the century with the distinct possibility of both clubs playing the fixture managerless and without some notable favourites, sold off by panicing boards!!!

Bet we can boo louder than the Toon Army !
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Just thinking Spugsy, the West Ham v Newcastle game in a week or tow could the "BOOOOOOOO - OFF" of the century with the distinct possibility of both clubs playing the fixture managerless and without some notable favourites, sold off by panicing boards!!!

Bet we can boo louder than the Toon Army !
aye that could be the case, two managers ****ed over by the boards.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:12 pm
Hammer for Life

aye that could be the case, two managers ****ed over by the boards.
Looks like you'll win mate, as Curbishley has just resigned, so we'll have no-one to boo !!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Um, no, his diving does most of the work in influencing my opinion. You obviously haven't been watching him in la liga as well.
I don't hate Liverpool, I don't like it either but I do like some of their players like Gerrard and Carragher and their coach.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

What about the Leeds team that won the league in the early 90's (McAllistar, Strachan, Chapman, Speed etc) .....wasnt that considered to be the reaching the top ?
Sorry for late response Bangle - missed your earlier reply.

Yea fair enough, but they weren't all "big money" signings, and didn't stay 'at the top' for very long, I'd say? How much did Lee Chapman cost??
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:54 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry for late response Bangle - missed your earlier reply.

Yea fair enough, but they weren't all "big money" signings, and didn't stay 'at the top' for very long, I'd say? How much did Lee Chapman cost??
I dont know how much he cost, but sadly we ended up with Lee "The wife batterer" Chapman a few years later for a season.....utter crap !
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:08 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how much he cost, but sadly we ended up with Lee "The wife batterer" Chapman a few years later for a season.....utter crap !
Nice comment from Noel Gallagher.

"It’s nice to know every gallon of petrol a Man U fan buys will be going into our transfer kitty. "