Abu Dhabi United

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:39 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi United

Originally Posted by Simao
I read the article, but what grabbed my attention the most is the overstretching of the statement made by Cook at the end of the article. I mean to think that ADUG would remain for ten years just to get a title whether it is the EPL or the CL is just plain nonsense. I don't think that these guys are looking for long term investments but more of a quick guaranteed cash. Besides, you can't compare Chelsea with Man City. Chelsea has been a good team even before Abramovich and yes they didn't win anything significant but they were always regarded as one of the big four. City has basically no history aside from perhaps few titles when my grandpa was born but that is it.
To be honest, I think it is a failure investment. They should have knocked the Amercian's doors for Liverpool instead.
You clearly know nothing of UK football. Chelsea have in no shape or form "always" one of the big four. They werent even one of the biggest teams in London !!!

They spent years yo-yo'ing between the old First Division and Second Division, spending a lot of time in the Second Division, and I remember going over to Stamford Bridge during the 80's and early 90's when the ground was a shit hole, and you could barely must 18,000 fans a week

At least Man City, as much as I have no love for them, have always had a hard core support who have followed them through thick and thin, and regularly had good crowds......unlike Chelsea, who as I said had a crap team, a crap ground and crap support for years and years......and are now supported by a bunch of media brain washed glory hunters

Good luck to City.....Hope they smash through the so called big four as would love to see the smug faces of those 4 wiped clean off :curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Simao,

Before Abramovich Chelsea were not as big team, there was no big four.

It was just Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Chelsea if anything were famous for being Utd's bogey team, and were style with no substance. Lets be honest here Chelsea were always a small club.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Even though that I don't know english football like you guys but still, the first four spots are reserved for the big four and will be for a long time. otherwise, I'll be wrong and it would be true that you actually can buy success.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:09 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Even though that I don't know english football like you guys but still, the first four spots are reserved for the big four and will be for a long time. otherwise, I'll be wrong and it would be true that you actually can buy success.
You absolutely CAN buy success

Which is why it isnt unreasonable to think Man City can break that gang of four monopoly if the ABU money is thrown at it

Some years ago Blackburn did exactly that and ended up winning the EPL that year

The biggest spenders in most European Leagues, certainly in the EPL are the ones who finish up winning their respective leagues or qualifying for the Champions League, where as a result even more money comes their way, and so the ball keeps rolling...

They keep buying the best players in Europe, and worse still, snapping up the good young English ones from other clubs, who have nurtured them for years from when they were kids, through the academy's etc

As a West Ham fan the likes of Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Defoe spring to mind, but you could also throw in Walcott from Southampton to Arsenal, Bale from Southampton to Spurs, the Welsh teenager from Cardiff to Arsenal recently to name but a few..

So when the "big 4" have the most money, AND steal the developing young tallent from other clubs, its hardly a suprise that they keep finishing in the Top 4 year in year out is it ?

It all stinks to be honest...
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
Notoriously bad journalism from the Grauniad as usual. Where are they getting their researchers from these days.

So 10 x Abramovich, that would mean he has $200 billion in personal wealth, what a crock of shite.
Sorry?

Oh I see what you're saying - you're assuming Abramovitch genuinely has USD 20 billion himself?

Nonsense - he's got a list of "obligations" that must give him nightmares...... I would not be surprised to discover that - from a strictly technical point of view - he's actually insolvent.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know who you are or where you are from, but you seem to know bugger all about English football. Have a look at crowd sizes if you want to see who the biggest teams are. For example, historically Newcastle have always been a bigger club than Chelsea in my view. If they had the same financial backing as City now have, they would be a Top Four club too. These days its almost entirely about money as Blackburn Rovers proved a few years back...but a good manager also helps.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:25 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
You absolutely CAN buy success

Which is why it isnt unreasonable to think Man City can break that gang of four monopoly if the ABU money is thrown at it

Some years ago Blackburn did exactly that and ended up winning the EPL that year

The biggest spenders in most European Leagues, certainly in the EPL are the ones who finish up winning their respective leagues or qualifying for the Champions League, where as a result even more money comes their way, and so the ball keeps rolling...

They keep buying the best players in Europe, and worse still, snapping up the good young English ones from other clubs, who have nurtured them for years from when they were kids, through the academy's etc

As a West Ham fan the likes of Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick, Defoe spring to mind, but you could also throw in Walcott from Southampton to Arsenal, Bale from Southampton to Spurs, the Welsh teenager from Cardiff to Arsenal recently to name but a few..

So when the "big 4" have the most money, AND steal the developing young tallent from other clubs, its hardly a suprise that they keep finishing in the Top 4 year in year out is it ?

It all stinks to be honest...
if you are getting CL money every year then you can buy more and more better players - this is why we have the 'top four'.

When Newcastle were in the CL for a few years we made £20m a season alone from the revenue.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I don't know who you are or where you are from, but you seem to know bugger all about English football. Have a look at crowd sizes if you want to see who the biggest teams are. For example, historically Newcastle have always been a bigger club than Chelsea in my view. If they had the same financial backing as City now have, they would be a Top Four club too. These days its almost entirely about money as Blackburn Rovers proved a few years back...but a good manager also helps.
we have had loads of cash spent, unfortunately we tend to spend it on crap players.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:31 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Spugsy
we have had loads of cash spent, unfortunately we tend to spend it on crap players.
Heard you are short of defenders and were trying to make a late bid last night for Brian Kilcline ....
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Heard you are short of defenders and were trying to make a late bid last night for Brian Kilcline ....
He'll have to fight Titus Bramble for a place...........
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

well he did it once for us...saying that, you've bloody sold all of your defenders!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by The Dean
He'll have to fight Titus Bramble for a place...........
thats Wigan's Titus Bramble aye?

Actually he was in the irish village for the CL final.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:58 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Spugsy
well he did it once for us...saying that, you've bloody sold all of your defenders!
I know, tell me about it.....we dont have a left back at the club any more !

There's a lot of rumours doing the rounds that Keegan has walked out ?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:00 am
Hammer for Life

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Players||Managers/Kevin+Keegan
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

yup so I hear, we shall see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.