British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi Traffic Violations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/abu-dhabi-traffic-violations-710539/)

Bahtatboy Mar 23rd 2011 1:50 pm

Abu Dhabi Traffic Violations

Just had a raft of fines sent through by my company. Have gone onto the Police website, and the violations are there, but in the details there is no indication whatsoever of what the infractions were. Under "Fine's Type" is says "Absent". Anyone any idea?

flares Mar 23rd 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Abu Dhabi Traffic Violations

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9259310)
Just had a raft of fines sent through by my company. Have gone onto the Police website, and the violations are there, but in the details there is no indication whatsoever of what the infractions were. Under "Fine's Type" is says "Absent". Anyone any idea?

Absent means they didn't stop you. If you have to leave your car for a number of days like I had to you get given the option of paying an additional sum to release from this. I paid the 700 Dh otherwise car would have been impounded for 7 days

Bahtatboy Mar 23rd 2011 1:57 pm

How do I work out what I did wrong? There seems to be nothing that indicates this.

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2011 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9259324)
How do I work out what I did wrong? There seems to be nothing that indicates this.

there is a small icon on there somewhere took me ages to find it which shows a photo of my registration plate

Bahtatboy Mar 23rd 2011 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9259332)
there is a small icon on there somewhere took me ages to find it which shows a photo of my registration plate

I'm only at the "Fine's Details" page on the Police website. Have asked my company to get photos. Still, colleague has just been hit with 7 separate fines, and he only drives 500m to work.

Blue Cat Mar 23rd 2011 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9259454)
I'm only at the "Fine's Details" page on the Police website. Have asked my company to get photos. Still, colleague has just been hit with 7 separate fines, and he only drives 500m to work.

lazy git he could walk!

mummy2dolly Mar 23rd 2011 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9259310)

I do know that a lot of people are getting a lot of fines in AD as apparantly the new cameras are time/distance, so slowing down for the obvious 'old' speed cameras won't work anymore ......... :sneaky: