Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi police - Wankers?

Abu Dhabi police - Wankers?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Abu Dhabi police - Wankers?

Whats the deal with cops, especially traffic cops here? Shouting and screaming at people is normal behaviour for them.

Ive heard the stories from people and seen them scream at taxi drivers etc for parking in the wrong place. literally scream.

Check The National today (1/2/2009) on page 5. An American sentenced to prison and facing deportation for a "rude gesture". His story sees the cop acting like a complete prick and you guessed it, screaming at him in Arabic for refusing to let him pass.

Also.. curiously, what nationality are the youngest ranked police here?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:37 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi police - Wankers?

It seems that the police are the same all over the world....
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I have only had 2 experiences with the AD cops and both have been fab.

1. 8 wheeler smashed in to me , i was in complete shock, the car was finished, they held my hand, completely looked after me and were so sweet to me
2. RTA, not my fault, they gave me the slip for repair for the damage plus i had a couple of other dents, all were put down on the slip for me to get the whole car re sprayed

Mind you i have been stopped several times for car reg and insurance..... but still polite

I am sure there are some shitty ones out there..... but never come across one
Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:14 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

8 wheeler smashed in to me , i was in complete shock, the car was finished, they held my hand, completely looked after me and were so sweet to me
That's nice to hear, I wonder if they would have held my hand
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
That's nice to hear, I wonder if they would have held my hand
ha ha ha do you have long eye lashes and 36C

lol they are not all wankers, some are, some not, just like anywhere else in the world
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:55 am
100% British Beef

ha ha ha do you have long eye lashes and 36C
Tell me more.....
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld View Post
Whats the deal with cops, especially traffic cops here? Shouting and screaming at people is normal behaviour for them.

Ive heard the stories from people and seen them scream at taxi drivers etc for parking in the wrong place. literally scream.

Check The National today (1/2/2009) on page 5. An American sentenced to prison and facing deportation for a "rude gesture". His story sees the cop acting like a complete prick and you guessed it, screaming at him in Arabic for refusing to let him pass.

Also.. curiously, what nationality are the youngest ranked police here?
\
The young ones are normally Yemeni and Omani
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:08 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64 View Post
\
The young ones are normally Yemeni and Omani
are they any more stupid than the UAE ones?
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander View Post
are they any more stupid than the UAE ones?
Are there any UAE ones? I am not sure there is at that level (traffic cop)
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:17 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna View Post
I have only had 2 experiences with the AD cops and both have been fab.

1. 8 wheeler smashed in to me , i was in complete shock, the car was finished, they held my hand, completely looked after me and were so sweet to me
2. RTA, not my fault, they gave me the slip for repair for the damage plus i had a couple of other dents, all were put down on the slip for me to get the whole car re sprayed

Mind you i have been stopped several times for car reg and insurance..... but still polite

I am sure there are some shitty ones out there..... but never come across one
Yup it helps being a woman here in those situations.

I know ladies who have got away with drink driving, serious speeding and obstructive parking using their feminine charms.

N.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

dont know how to multi quote so I will answer

Yes the yemeni and the omani are more stupid than the local ones, hard to believe I know !!!!

Yes there are local cops that patrol the streets they dont normally stay there for long and move onto something else.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post

I know ladies who have got away with drink driving, serious speeding and obstructive parking using their feminine charms.

N.
You see this is the prob here, inconsistency. A friend of mine, had one glass of wine at Jazz Bar, had a tiny little accident on the way home and spent the week in jail.... she prob would have spent less if her alcohol licence had not expired
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:21 am
100% British Beef

N.
Prositution?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:35 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annacarna View Post
Why would they stop you? I have been working in the Arabian Gulf over 10 years and have never been stopped by the Police except at KSA security check points. Has anybody else been randomly stopped by the Police over here?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Why would they stop you? I have been working in the Arabian Gulf over 10 years and have never been stopped by the Police except at KSA security check points. Has anybody else been randomly stopped by the Police over here?
What do you constitute as radnom?? The police are at liberty to stop you at any time and ask to see yr Car reg/drivers licence/insurance, thats why most people keep their car reg and all docs in the glovebox