British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi International Triathlon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/abu-dhabi-international-triathlon-708178/)

commander Mar 6th 2011 5:09 pm

Abu Dhabi International Triathlon

On Saturday at Emirates Palace and the corniche.

Should be a cracking race with basically the worlds best in attendance, along with myself and weescot headlining for BE:D

Swim start is 06:45 at Emirates palace, and the rest of the day most of the action will be around the junction between 30th and the corniche.

See you there..

Millsyisland Mar 7th 2011 2:52 am

Re: Abu Dhabi International Triathlon

Good luck - I'm considering taking part next year, having completed a full marathon in the meantime (only done half-marathons so far). Need to brush up on the swimming though.

Are you doing the small, medium or large (sprint etc, can't remember the others)?

DustyBits Mar 7th 2011 4:05 am

Myself and Mrs DB will be representing the slowcoaches in the Sprint category. Really looking forward to it, although wind forecast is currently 25 knots gusting against us on the way out across Saadiyat! :thumbdown:

DB

spartans53 Mar 7th 2011 5:09 am

Good Luck thought I had a place on a team for the run but alas its not to be. 10k at the autodrome and a marathon in Norfolk on the 10th April it is for me.

commander Mar 7th 2011 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 9222470)
Good luck - I'm considering taking part next year, having completed a full marathon in the meantime (only done half-marathons so far). Need to brush up on the swimming though.

Are you doing the small, medium or large (sprint etc, can't remember the others)?

im doing the long course: 3K swim, 200K bike and a 20K run:thumbsup:

Ive had my eye on Ironman South Africa which is next month so this race has kinda creeped upon me..

Looking forward to blasting over Saadyat a few times. Its my usual training area anyway so there should be no surprises

commander Mar 7th 2011 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DustyBits (Post 9222556)
Myself and Mrs DB will be representing the slowcoaches in the Sprint category. Really looking forward to it, although wind forecast is currently 25 knots gusting against us on the way out across Saadiyat! :thumbdown:

DB

Good Luck, suck it in on the way out, blast back home with the wind at your back!!

Enjoy

weescot Mar 7th 2011 8:18 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9221575)

Should be a cracking race with basically the worlds best in attendance, along with myself and weescot headlining for BE:D

Swim start is 06:45 at Emirates palace, and the rest of the day most of the action will be around the junction between 30th and the corniche.

See you there..

Originally Posted by DustyBits (Post 9222556)

DB

Good luck to all.

I am just doing the Sprint. Starting with the last wave at 0835 and I am not the fastest.. As I have come trailing in at the end during training, my mantra has been "I'd rather be last than sat on my a$$". Of course I hope I'm not last on race day.

I blame the Commander for everything .....

Grace O Malley Mar 7th 2011 8:30 am

Good luck to you all.

I'll be there to cheer on weescott....

commander Mar 7th 2011 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 9222837)
I'll be there to cheer on weescott....

AHEM????

commander Mar 7th 2011 9:54 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9222811)
Good luck to all.

I am just doing the Sprint. Starting with the last wave at 0835 and I am not the fastest.. As I have come trailing in at the end during training, my mantra has been "I'd rather be last than sat on my a$$". Of course I hope I'm not last on race day.

I blame the Commander for everything .....

You'll do great. You were fairly flying around Yas last Tuesday:D

Most of all, enjoy it

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2011 10:12 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9221575)

See you there..

good luck to you both :thumbup:

weescot Mar 7th 2011 10:17 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9222954)
AHEM????

To most on the bored, you are a bit like Captain Mainwarings wife Elizabeth - regularly mentioned in conversation but never seen.... but ADIT may change all that and one more bored member will get to meet you :-)

weescot Mar 7th 2011 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9222991)
good luck to you both :thumbup:

Thanks - don' t forget DB and his wife....

commander Mar 7th 2011 10:19 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9223001)
To most on the bored, you are a bit like Captain Mainwarings wife Elizabeth - regularly mentioned in conversation but never seen.... but ADIT may change all that and one more bored member will get to meet you :-)

best make any greetings prior to the swim start. You guys will all be long gone by the time i am finished. I estimate a 9hour race for me..

Grace O Malley Mar 7th 2011 11:07 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9222954)
AHEM????

um well I don't know what you look like do I? Well apart from what weescott told me, red hair and fit....