British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Abu Dhabi here I come... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/abu-dhabi-here-i-come-498015/)

MataHari Dec 5th 2007 6:07 am

Abu Dhabi here I come...

well...tomorrow that is...
will be staying at the InterContinental for the night, going to the JT concert...will we be able to walk from there to the Emirates Place where the concert is, that is the big question...

shakh your bootie Dec 5th 2007 6:19 am

Re: Abu Dhabi here I come...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5634826)
will be staying at the InterContinental for the night, going to the JT concert...will we be able to walk from there to the Emirates Place where the concert is, that is the big question...

You could but then your little leggies would be too tired for dancing. Take a cab - it ain't such a nice walk anyway.

mmm... Dec 5th 2007 6:49 pm

Hi, l run some watersports from the intercont marina if you fancy come and check us, our office is on the far left of the marina on the opposite side to the fish market and beach. Ocean Hawk Water Sports.

lionheart Dec 6th 2007 4:35 am

Before you leave, you may wish to know that somebody is selling 24 Dutch books (they are listed) on ExpatWoman.com today...enjoy the trip and the show.

Madam Medusa Dec 6th 2007 4:58 am

have a good time doll...and don't overexcite yourself, we don't want you spoiled for tomorrow night now, do we...

MM, xx

Grace O Malley Dec 6th 2007 5:38 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5634839)
You could but then your little leggies would be too tired for dancing. Take a cab - it ain't such a nice walk anyway.

Oh SYB of course she can walk and i think thats a lovely walk around there expecially as all the national day lights are up

I would def walk back

Have loads of funk

Grace O Malley Dec 6th 2007 5:39 am

Have fun and yes walk as cabs hard to find around that area

MataHari Dec 6th 2007 6:03 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5638710)
Have fun and yes walk as cabs hard to find around that area

oh...that sounds a bit omnious...lol
I guess we'll make the walk or not decision on the spot...

MataHari Dec 6th 2007 6:04 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5638706)
Oh SYB of course she can walk and i think thats a lovely walk around there expecially as all the national day lights are up

I would def walk back

Have loads of funk

conflicting messages...should I put up a poll I wonder...

MataHari Dec 6th 2007 6:04 am

Originally Posted by mmm... (Post 5636889)
Hi, l run some watersports from the intercont marina if you fancy come and check us, our office is on the far left of the marina on the opposite side to the fish market and beach. Ocean Hawk Water Sports.

oh nice...if I have time I will defo walk over and say hi...I'll just ask for mmm...

MataHari Dec 7th 2007 9:33 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5638706)

I would def walk back

Have loads of funk

We took a taxi to get there, and we walked back...best of both worlds...

Concert was fab...no problems getting there, getting in or getting a drink either...
JT did all his well known songs...he seems a nice guy...reminded me a bit of David Beckham...boyish type. I had seen some pictures of him, but never any concerts or video clips or anything so not sure what he looked like really, can't see the fuss to be honest...but his performance was very good! I was impressed.

MataHari Dec 7th 2007 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mmm... (Post 5636889)

mmm....I had a wander round...went to the fishmarket and the beach...but couldn't for the life of me find you...

mmm... Dec 7th 2007 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5642811)
mmm....I had a wander round...went to the fishmarket and the beach...but couldn't for the life of me find you...

Hi MH, glad to hear you had a good time, l could hear them testing the equipment from my office. there were 3 of my staff at the beach near the pontoon area on the far right of the beach where we do water sports for the hotel guests. You might have seen our jet skis and boats there. My office is in the marina on the opposite side to the fish market. Next time hey!!!

Eva Dec 12th 2007 5:51 pm

Emirates Palace.....The Queen visiting 22 January

Tickets for the 9pm show go on sale from 14th December 2007 and will be available in three categories priced at AED 295, AED 595 and AED 950. Doors open at 5pm. For bookings and inquiries please go to wwwtimeouttickets.com or call 800 4669 so if your an Elton John fan......get the Tiaras out.