Abu Dhabi half

Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough
Default Abu Dhabi half

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on visiting Abu Dhabi for the first time in November to do the half-marathon. I believe it starts/finishes at the Yas Waterworld.

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel near there? And anywhere good in the area to visit later in the day for a few (hopefully well-earned) drinks?

Cheers
Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi half

Booking.com.

Yas Island.

All the hotels are fine.

All have bars.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Booking.com.

Yas Island.

All the hotels are fine.

All have bars.
Cheers, good to know. When some friends have stayed over here on business they've sometimes been less than impressed by some of the hotels so I thought I'd best check first!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:54 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Iva stayed at the Beach Rotana twice and both times it was great
I dont know if its close to where you want to be but hope that helps

https://www.rotana.com/rotanahotelan...bi/beachrotana

If you get a room towards the north side and above the 5th floor, the view is spectacular.
The AbuDhabi Mall connects to it which is a fairly large mall, cinema and food court etc.
There were a few bars in it, a few were outisde as well and I think one was on the beach (its a small beach).
Yeah, definitely enjoyable, but wasnt too cheap either so not seedy.
I think I got a 1 bedroom suite for 1200 AED
Old Aug 27th 2015, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate, I'll check that one out too and see if it's in the right area. Want to get something booked up this weekend as I'm feeling all flush from payday
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:01 pm