Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Brunch / Lunch / Something

Abu Dhabi Brunch / Lunch / Something

Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Brunch / Lunch / Something

Originally Posted by Scamp
OK cool, maybe do it next time then.

Thanks for all the help. Viceroy for the afternoon it is then.
Feed back awaited with interest. Personally I prefer the brunch at IKEA next to Ferrari World.
p.s. You just beat me to it. So did you do the Grand Mosque?
Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
Feed back awaited with interest. Personally I prefer the brunch at IKEA next to Ferrari World.
Alright, quick run down.

Radisson Blu - Nice hotel, what you expect, we got upgraded from Superior to Business Class which gives you access to BClass lounge and there is free grog in there from 6-8pm. Touch.

Pool and surrounding is nice. It nearly kicked off when I took peoples towels off a big cabana type thing. They went mental, I told them to piss off. I won.

Sunbed rows aside it was lovely, nice hotel, nice room, great view over the golf course and waterways / sea. Good.

Yas Arena for Elton - concert was quality as has been said. I really liked the Arena, 5 minute walk from hotel, quite well laid out, was quiet and just seemed a decent venue (i'm sure others will tell me that accoustically it's naff or something but I liked it).

Viceroy brunch - only when I gave our waiter 100 tip halfway through did the drinks flow properly, to be fair he was busy and he'd have got that tip anyway for not being a moron and being chatty and friendly. Good brunch, didn't bother with champagne, rest of the stuff was good, sat outside over looking part of the track and was brilliant. Decent grub.

Then went upstairs, got shouted at for walking round the skylite bare before it was open, but appeased them by agreeing to pay £22 something for two vodka redbulls. Was disappointed with the roof in the Viceroy, it's ****ing filthy and just makes it look crap. Massively impressive, especially from a distance but just something I didn't expect to see, but such is, expectations amybe too high.

Radisson has decent italian 'Filini' or something where we went for late dinner, decent pizza and loads of wine to choose from. Even if it's mainly Italian or new age shite.

Weirdly, after the pool the next morning we went to Ikea and I spent a fortune on some balcony seats and shit.

Finished it off with 9 holes at the Creek late last night.

Quality work from my Mrs and a decent weekend birthday present.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mentalist
Bugger. Didn't answer - No failed in trip to Grand Mosque, I wanted to go but Mrs wanted the extra time in the sun.

Her Mum is visiting soon(ish) and she said she wanted to go, so we will take her instead.

I don't mind waiting.