ABU DHABI

Old Aug 15th 2011, 2:47 am
Just Joined

jimm2292008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABU DHABI

Hi everyone

I was offered a job at a vocational education institute teaching position. they have offered 27800 AED a month (this amount includes accommodation allowance). Is this a good salary over there? With 2 months holidays?

thanks in advance
Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:25 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ABU DHABI

Do you want to swap jobs?

Yeah, some of the very lucky people on here might tell you that's nothing (they're on proper old fashioned expat salaries – the type that don't really exist anymore), but I get by on a little over half that a month, without accommodation included (I'm in Dubai, but these days, AD's rents aren't much higher, and if you're is included, then you don't need to worry about it).

Plus, because I'm not a teacher, I only get 22 working days off (about a month).

Also, I know some teachers who are out here on a similar package, but only 10,000AED a month, and they scrap by.

That said, I would find out if the accommodation is supplied, or an allowance. I know some teacher's accommodation can end up like university halls, so you'll want to double check that.

Also, you might want to find out if one flight home a year is included.