Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

aaghhh...clueless morons...

aaghhh...clueless morons...

Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default aaghhh...clueless morons...

...pretty much all the pavements in jumeirah 1 are dug up at the moment...we luckily heard them (err...at 5.30am in the morning) start outside our house and stopped them from digging up outside our garage for just about long enough to get the cars out...

this was a few days go...since then, sod all has happened...but they have gone round all the other streets and dug the pavements up there too..can't they just do one part, finish it and then move on, it's not exactly a difficult concept...

MM, xx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aaghhh...clueless morons...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...pretty much all the pavements in jumeirah 1 are dug up at the moment...we luckily heard them (err...at 5.30am in the morning) start outside our house and stopped them from digging up outside our garage for just about long enough to get the cars out...

this was a few days go...since then, sod all has happened...but they have gone round all the other streets and dug the pavements up there too..can't they just do one part, finish it and then move on, it's not exactly a difficult concept...

MM, xx
Depends what they're doing and how big the job is.
It's more time efficient and cost effective to do each stage all at once and in order unless it's a large project which then, yes, they could phase the works.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Depends what they're doing and how big the job is.
It's more time efficient and cost effective to do each stage all at once and in order unless it's a large project which then, yes, they could phase the works.
but it means that there is literally no pavement left in jum 1...pathetic...and i honestly don't think there's any logic to it, it'll be like this for months now...s'pose it's forced the lazy muppets from magrudys who normally park on my driveway to walk more than a few metres, so there is some good in it somewhere, lol...

MM, xx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:53 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

at least you got the cars out eh, we had the same thing a few months ago and our neighbours couldnt use their cars for over a week
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shiva
at least you got the cars out eh, we had the same thing a few months ago and our neighbours couldnt use their cars for over a week
oh for sure, but it's only cos we stopped them...bleedin muppets...

MM, xx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

If they dig it out all at once, then they can pour new pavements all at once . Over here in the States, there are specialized machine that will pour long stretches of pavement, though these aren't used everywhere.

I don't assume the Emirates buys machinery/technology unless they really need it. Back when I lived there, they were more than happy to use older equipment or just make the laborers manually toil in the sun , when a small investment in machinery or equipment would have sped up the job significantly.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya for getting the cars out in time.

The 'silly' planning application laws that epople love to complain about mean that councils have to notify people of their intention to go ahead with this kind of work.

We could use some of that.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:00 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Don't mean to make it worse but when we lived on Beach Road and it underwent the "Beautification" we were locked out of the garage for two years! I had to keep my bike at a mates house and park the cars wherever we could. Fewkwits!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas
Good on ya for getting the cars out in time.

The 'silly' planning application laws that epople love to complain about mean that councils have to notify people of their intention to go ahead with this kind of work.

We could use some of that.
yeah, i never thought that i'd think fondly of some uk planning laws...but a bit of notice would be good...err, and them not starting work at god knows what time in the morning wouldn't go amiss either...

MM, xx
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
Don't mean to make it worse but when we lived on Beach Road and it underwent the "Beautification" we were locked out of the garage for two years! I had to keep my bike at a mates house and park the cars wherever we could. Fewkwits!
oh i know, i had a friend who was living on the beach road, and it was a total mare...

MM, xx
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

just be happy you have a car!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If they dig it out all at once, then they can pour new pavements all at once . Over here in the States, there are specialized machine that will pour long stretches of pavement, though these aren't used everywhere.

I don't assume the Emirates buys machinery/technology unless they really need it. Back when I lived there, they were more than happy to use older equipment or just make the laborers manually toil in the sun , when a small investment in machinery or equipment would have sped up the job significantly.
you dont pour foot pavements you lay them, and they're probabley looking for services i.e water,electricity,comms.
should'nt try and think about the logic to it because they're will be NONE !
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
you dont pour foot pavements you lay them, and they're probabley looking for services i.e water,electricity,comms.
I was thinking of something like this. You can't see in the picture but there is a concrete truck in the front supplying the machine.

Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
If it's concrete - i'd say "we are pouring today".
If it's paving blocks - then i'd say "we are laying today".
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
just be happy you have a car!
it's no good to me if it's blocked in the garage though...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.