Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers...

aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers...

Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aaggh, is etisalat playing silly buggers...

LOL!! I should really know better but....... I have been on the phone for the last 10 minutes............
I called 101, spoke to a very nice person in internet section and tried to explain to him that there seems to be a problem with Etisalat and that lots of people in different areas are experiencing the SAME problem.
Randomly sites are not loading but the bar at the bottom shows that it is "done"

He then asked me to check my modem, check my connection etc..I again explained that it wasn't my problem it was etisalat's. He asked me which site would not load I said errr they are random..........and that lots of people were having the same problem.
I told him that I just wanted to know if they had had other reports from people about this because I know about 15 people with the same problem..........
he asked me to tell him my modem model and port number...........yet again....having given him all the details he asked for...I said ..it is NOT my connection............This is happening RANDOMLY to lots of people in different areas...........he said he understood that but could I tell him which webpage wouldn't load!!! WHAT PART OF RANDOM DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND????????????
Anyway I thanked him nicely and hung up!!!!
*patsy pours a glass of the bubbly stuff!!!! ( an early wine o'clock for me!!)

P.S. Can you all call 101 and tell them you are having this problem lol
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
LOL!! I should really know better but....... I have been on the phone for the last 10 minutes............
I called 101, spoke to a very nice person in internet section and tried to explain to him that there seems to be a problem with Etisalat and that lots of people in different areas are experiencing the SAME problem.
Randomly sites are not loading but the bar at the bottom shows that it is "done"

He then asked me to check my modem, check my connection etc..I again explained that it wasn't my problem it was etisalat's. He asked me which site would not load I said errr they are random..........and that lots of people were having the same problem.
I told him that I just wanted to know if they had had other reports from people about this because I know about 15 people with the same problem..........
he asked me to tell him my modem model and port number...........yet again....having given him all the details he asked for...I said ..it is NOT my connection............This is happening RANDOMLY to lots of people in different areas...........he said he understood that but could I tell him which webpage wouldn't load!!! WHAT PART OF RANDOM DO YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND????????????

you deserve a special award for this, myself and telephone conversations to any service in this country ceased many years ago!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ..but he did say that they have been having a problem with their email server but that this had been fixed a couple of hours ago, so maybe it is related............
Lol BC..any excuse for a glass of bubbly!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, my cynical brain is way off the mark to even contemplate the thought that the interruptions are deliberate - to prevent rumours about a certain missing person being circulated...............
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned

it's been a total mare all afternoon, now is the first time i've got back on...but the thought of phoning the muppets, no chance...

MM, xx
Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's been a total mare all afternoon, now is the first time i've got back on...but the thought of phoning the muppets, no chance...

MM, xx
My blackberry has the hebie gebies all morning and I couldn't send emails. texts were ok. For a moment, I just assumed I'd be fired with the rest of my team.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:11 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
...i'm having massive problems at the mo with the internet...either a page comes up blank but says done, or images appear as boxes with red crosses (just now, the smilies box on the right has half of them like this for example...)...

last night, couldn't access various websites at all, including be and facebook...this morning, it's hotmail...

anyone having the same issue, and anyone know what's going on...?

MM, xx
They have been having problems throughout the UAe now for couple of weeks got problems at both our offices in Dubai and AD