999 dumbarse calls

Old Dec 26th 2010, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 999 dumbarse calls

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12078701
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11910088

and bitchslap for her!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 6:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 999 dumbarse calls

my mate at home works in the Police Call centre, they get calls like this all the time, the most popular one is "can you call me a taxi", honestly. Kids ringing up all the time.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
my mate at home works in the Police Call centre, they get calls like this all the time, the most popular one is "can you call me a taxi", honestly. Kids ringing up all the time.
They need a new number.............

999 was originally chosen because, with the old dial-with-your-finger phones, it was unlikely a young child would dial that number accidentally. Now it's all about pushing buttons, they need a rethink.

Any ideas?

What about 36746377253435763 (FORGODSSAKEHELPME)?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
They need a new number.............

999 was originally chosen because, with the old dial-with-your-finger phones, it was unlikely a young child would dial that number accidentally. Now it's all about pushing buttons, they need a rethink.

Any ideas?

What about 36746377253435763 (FORGODSSAKEHELPME)?
Don't need a new number (although 999 / 998 / 997 / 996 to differentiate between the four emergency services could be useful). What they need to do is prosecute the prats who abuse the service--could even make it self-funding.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:37 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Don't need a new number (although 999 / 998 / 997 / 996 to differentiate between the four emergency services could be useful). What they need to do is prosecute the prats who abuse the service--could even make it self-funding.
Most of these brats can barely afford a bus ticket let alone a fine - so unless we force them to work for free as payment for wasting valuable time it won't work.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:33 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
Most of these brats can barely afford a bus ticket let alone a fine - so unless we force them to work for free as payment for wasting valuable time it won't work.

N.
I wasn't thinking of a fine: as you suggest, community service (well-supervised and worthwhile), or a fortnight in jail. Take no prisoners.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 12:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't thinking of a fine: as you suggest, community service (well-supervised and worthwhile), or a fortnight in jail. Take no prisoners.
I think five to ten lashes on the back in front of the town hall with their friends and family forced to watch would also do the trick...no seriously.

N.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:15 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
I think five to ten lashes on the back in front of the town hall with their friends and family forced to watch would also do the trick...no seriously.

N.
I'm with you there, but it would never happen here (UK). Shame.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 5:31 am

I'm with you there, but it would never happen here (UK). Shame.
I am increasingly convinced of the merit of limit corporal punishment for some crimes - and I'd bring it back in school too. Since it went we have had a general decline in manners in the class room.

N.