80's Music

Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 80's Music

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
errr, i think you'll find that Bohemian Rhapsody was in fact 1975!!
That probably explains why it was missing.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

how can it not include the smiths...what a load of crap...on what basis was the list compiled...??

MM, xx
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:30 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
how can it not include the smiths...what a load of crap...on what basis was the list compiled...??

MM, xx
ha ha, they probably just did a survey of 100 random people and thats that.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

'down under' by Men at Work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

I didn't post a link so you'd know which song I was talking about. I know you all know it. Posted the link because you should never miss an opportunity to listen to it.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
'down under' by Men at Work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

I didn't post a link so you'd know which song I was talking about. I know you all know it. Posted the link because you should never miss an opportunity to listen to it.
brilliant song.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:15 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
I can't argue with a single one, in particular the Dexy's track.
Me neither, although a few off the top of my head that I might have subsituted are:

Belalugosi's dead Bauhaus
Rock lobster B52's
Fairy tale of New York Pogues + Kirsty McCall
She sells sanctuary The Cult
Alice The Sisters of Mercy
Atomic Blondie
Pretty in Pink The Psychadelic furs
A new England Billy Bragg
Westworld Theater of Hate
Micky Spear of Destiny
Situation Yazoo
Googoo Muck The Cramps
Orange Crush REM

Plus just about anything from the brilliant Stone Roses self titled first album....my all time top album.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Sisters of Mercy -Now they were a band!

Liberator - Spear Of Destiny, should definately be in the top 10!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:48 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal View Post
Sisters of Mercy -Now they were a band!

Liberator - Spear Of Destiny, should definately be in the top 10!
As you can probably guess - I didn't spend much time down the disco!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Dubaidog View Post
As you can probably guess - I didn't spend much time down the disco!
have you got 'dark side of the 80s' compilation?

It's brilliant, got all that sort of stuff on.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:53 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
have you got 'dark side of the 80s' compilation?

It's brilliant, got all that sort of stuff on.
Not got that particular one - but will keep an eye out for it - thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Double CD - The Mission, Cult, Cure etc.

It is in my collection Spugs!

Only thing I find strange is 'Temple Of Love' is not on there!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:05 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

How's about some:

Simple Minds - Someone, Somewhere in Summertime
Talk Talk- It's My Life
OMD - Enola Gay
A-Ha - Take On Me
Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Lost Weekend
U2 - With or Without You
Varicose Bingo - Suicide Duck
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can live with Mssrs Kerr and Birchall but I prefer Book of Brilliant Things!

Lost Weekend............Fantastic!

Born To Run - FGTH - Puts Springsteen to shame!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:08 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

More classic 80's but on the lighter electro side:

Tainted love - Soft Cell
Fade to Grey - Visage
Being Boiled - The Human League
Smalltown boy - Bronski beat
The Race - Yellow
Just can't get enough - Depeche mode
Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears
Temptation - New Order
Only you - Yazoo
Wonderful life - Black (I think the chorus is currently the backing track to a Emirates/Dubai Inc. ad)
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog View Post
Temptation - New Order
best song ever

Orange Juice - Rip It Up
Story Of The Blues - Wah
Associates - Party Fears Two, I could never walk into the Country Club without singing Club Country either
Bourgie Bourgie - Breaking Point
Aztec Camera - Oblivious
Scritti Pollitti - Sweetest Girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.