British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   7Days (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/7days-580393/)

Sandboy Dec 27th 2008 4:57 pm

7Days

isn't it about time they changed their name to 3-4 days ?

we had a drunken bet on Christmas Day to get a letter published and they appear to have given up

I feel robbed getting it for nowt tbh :huh:

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:02 pm

Re: 7Days

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7102046)
isn't it about time they changed their name to 3-4 days ?

we had a drunken bet on Christmas Day to get a letter published and they appear to have given up

I feel robbed getting it for nowt tbh :huh:

Racist publication

Sandboy Dec 27th 2008 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7102065)
Racist publication

dunno, never read it*, it's shite

unless I've sent in a stupid letter for a laugh

DaWarrior Dec 27th 2008 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7102081)
dunno, never read it*, it's shite

unless I've sent in a stupid letter for a laugh

It's a good newspaper but some of the editors have a hard-on for minorities...

Inselaffen Dec 28th 2008 1:29 am

Originally Posted by DaWarrior (Post 7102092)
It's a good newspaper but some of the editors have a hard-on for minorities...

guess you must mean locals! :rofl:

Sandboy Dec 28th 2008 3:33 am

my letter's in today, I won the bet but I'm buggered if I can remember what the prize was :confused:

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7103172)
my letter's in today, I won the bet but I'm buggered if I can remember what the prize was :confused:

link please :)

Sandboy Dec 28th 2008 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7103242)
link please :)

it's not difficult to work out :D

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2008 5:28 am

the dog one?

admon Dec 28th 2008 5:36 am

Behaviour of SUV crowd was disgusting

I was quite disgusted when my friend and I was making our journey back home to my place after a late night Xmas party, as my friend was driving on the Sheikh Zayed road, there was a SUV in front of us and all of a sudden a female in the back seat puts her head out of the window and starts to vomit
resulting in part of it landing on
our windscreen.
We decided to drive up to the SUV driver side, only to be shown the middle finger, we decided to let go and not to make more problems.
I do hope you are reading this instead of saying sorry, which is understandable we got to see a middle finger from you, you definitely lack basic manners and not fit be in a civilised place like Dubai, you are trash.

this letters hilarious, though I wanted desperately the last line of the letter to say:
''Not the manners I expect from Emiratis at all''

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2008 5:43 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7103309)
Behaviour of SUV crowd was disgusting

I was quite disgusted when my friend and I was making our journey back home to my place after a late night Xmas party, as my friend was driving on the Sheikh Zayed road, there was a SUV in front of us and all of a sudden a female in the back seat puts her head out of the window and starts to vomit
resulting in part of it landing on
our windscreen.
We decided to drive up to the SUV driver side, only to be shown the middle finger, we decided to let go and not to make more problems.
I do hope you are reading this instead of saying sorry, which is understandable we got to see a middle finger from you, you definitely lack basic manners and not fit be in a civilised place like Dubai, you are trash.

this letters hilarious, though I wanted desperately the last line of the letter to say:
''Not the manners I expect from Emiratis at all''

:eek::eek::eek:

I though the dog was funny though, complete wind up :thumbup:

Sandboy Dec 28th 2008 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7103297)
the dog one?

the discussion was one of the blokes had been back to UK and was amazed to discover his mate took part in "dogging". He'd never heard of it so we got the computer out to enlighten him. This lead to us all discover what "gulling" meant :ohmy: link

so the challenge was to get a letter in with reference to gulling

Blue Cat Dec 28th 2008 6:01 am

That’s a new one... fishing for seagulls

It’s my habit to walk the dog near the rubbish tip at Awir, that way I don’t upset the type of people who moan about aeroplanes in Mirdiff. Anyway normally me and the dog have perfect peace and quiet out there. Yesterday morning however, we happened across a Swedish couple with a bag of fish and a net on a long pole. They were happy to chat and explained they were gulling, fishing for seagulls if you like! They lay down the fish then hide and try and net the gulls as they swoop down. Apparently a gull is a Scandinavian delicacy. They had no luck while I was there so I left them to it and pondered on what a missed opportunity this was for Spinneys.
Bob Nudd
Mirdiff

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Madam Medusa Dec 28th 2008 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7103323)
the discussion was one of the blokes had been back to UK and was amazed to discover his mate took part in "dogging". He'd never heard of it so we got the computer out to enlighten him. This lead to us all discover what "gulling" meant :ohmy: link

so the challenge was to get a letter in with reference to gulling

hahahaha, that is abso hilarious...

MM, xx