Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

78% of UAE residents eat out twice a week - apparently

78% of UAE residents eat out twice a week - apparently

Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default 78% of UAE residents eat out twice a week - apparently

See details of a survey here:http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZA...emailmarketing

Abu Dhabi, UAE: According to survey results released this week by Table Talk, 78% of UAE residents eat out up to twice a week. Welcome news for the food and beverage service sector.

Of 592 respondents based in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, nearly 75% said they usually eat out up to twice a week for social and family gatherings and 3% said they eat out daily. "Abu Dhabi and Dubai account for 80% of total foodservice demand amongst the seven Emirates
more on the link.

Are you average? How often do you eat out?
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 78% of UAE residents eat out twice a week - apparently

Originally Posted by Meow
See details of a survey here:http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZA...emailmarketing

Abu Dhabi, UAE: According to survey results released this week by Table Talk, 78% of UAE residents eat out up to twice a week. Welcome news for the food and beverage service sector.

Of 592 respondents based in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, nearly 75% said they usually eat out up to twice a week for social and family gatherings and 3% said they eat out daily. "Abu Dhabi and Dubai account for 80% of total foodservice demand amongst the seven Emirates
more on the link.

Are you average? How often do you eat out?
Difficult to say really...sometimes once a week and others 3 or 4 depends on if I have guests over or there are brunches/lunches/dinners. Then there have been times when I don't go out all week!!!!
So I guess it would average out to twice a week.....Just call me Mrs. Average
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I would fall into the sad bastard category...once or twice a month is my average but actually thats my choice as trying to be good with money and good with diet (still off the booze)- I do still see friends more than that though so I'm not a complete sad bastard
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes we eat out about twice a week as well, sometime more depending on what's happening etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:45 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

eat in about about twice a week.... sucks!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I dine here a couple of times a week.

78% of UAE residents eat out twice a week - apparently-y.bmp
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

We tend to eat out a lot at weekends (when its not Ramadan obviously) but its more likely to be Biella or somewhere like that with the kids (save the nicer restaurants for if we've got a babysitter).
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rarely ate out and if so it was mostly at the cheap curry houses in Satwa and Karama.

But had plenty of takeaways. Probably averaged 4 takeaways a week + one meal out every other week.

Now, let's rephrase the question: how many nights in a week do you have home prepared meals, including leftovers? Versus takeaways or dining out?

At the moment it's probably four homemade, three prepared for supper; five homemade, two out for lunch and always homemade for brekkie (well, d'oh, granola and yoghurt).

*For those looking for a good Thai takeaway in Dubai, the Thai food stall at the upstairs food court behind Ski Dubai had brilliant, fresh tasting Thai food and compared very well to Mango Tree in Souk al Bahar for 1/5 the price. It's in the food court not by the movie theatres but roughly opposite it. I miss the place as it was my weekly Thursday night takeaway.

Last edited by Ethos83; Aug 22nd 2011 at 9:19 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zamboooka
eat in about about twice a week.... sucks!
So you eat out five times a week. That hardly sucks!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:33 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Middle Class people call tea "dinner". Really posh people call it "supper". Supper is milk and chocolate biscuit just before bed!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

When the family's here, we eat out virtually every day, coz its a holiday for them and the choice is great.

When I'm here on my own, once or twice a week. However, am determined to use as many of my AD Entertainer vouchers as possible before year's end, so should be a bit more frequent...
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 9:57 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mentalist
So you eat out five times a week. That hardly sucks!
after a lil while it does start sucking... I feel..
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 5:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

We eat out once or twice a week but have gone weeks without going out. We both like to cook and often tend to host and attend dinner parties with friends.

N.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I got the Rotana Rewards card a few months ago, and since then have been eating out very frequently................
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Middle Class people call tea "dinner". Really posh people call it "supper". Supper is milk and chocolate biscuit just before bed!
Unless it's a "Fish Supper"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.