70% Pay Rise For....

Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:38 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 70% Pay Rise For....

Lets start with intellectual If it wwasn t for Napier, Adam Smith and his tank to mention but two you blouses woulddn t have tthe where withall to calculate the fictions you allude to
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Lets start with intellectual If it wwasn t for Napier, Adam Smith and his tank to mention but two you blouses woulddn t have tthe where withall to calculate the fictions you allude to
Yes.......... but surely the much vaunted Scottish education system that produced such genius also included spelling lessons??
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

My madam she say I don t have to be perfect only able to take rough dictation

Juan
Boy of the Eva house
Native of Puerto
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
My madam she say I don t have to be perfect only able to take rough dictation

Juan
Boy of the Eva house
Native of Puerto
I still don't know what 'wealth' Scotland gave away..........
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

im guessing they are going on about the Oil.

(just for reference, im am probably the most pro-unionist scotsman you will ever meet but too many english seem to think that without England, we would sink, i think thats s**t)

It was the scots who put the Great into Great Britain

Last edited by StublueKPL; Apr 6th 2009 at 7:41 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:44 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Scotland did what????

Without tax subsidies from England they do nothing anyway............
Not true. Oxford Economics in-depth report showed that Scotland was not subsidised by England or the rest of the UK but paid its way. Both London and Scotland pay their way...the rest of the nations and regions receive subsidies.

If you're on about oil and gas in Scottish waters (95%) then Scotland is one of the few countries in the world that discovered oil and got poorer for it. Most of the oil wealth , money went South to paying for infrastructure in the South East...e.g., M25, Chunnel, and the London tube and railway station expansions etc.

It's time the capital city of the UK was moved from London to somewhere central in the UK , such as Birmingham or Manchester. Then that would leave Westminster to the devolved government of England...you definitely need it, to stop whinging about the progressive social programs of the Scottish Government and the Northern Ireland and Welsh assemblies.

If, for example, you want free university education and free prescriptions, rather than being envious of these popular measures elsewhere in the UK, why not be pro-active and lobby your OWN English MPs to look after the PEOPLE of England (you have 85% of the block grants from the UK exchequer). Unfortunately, you are likely to have a very long term Conservative-dominated (i.e., a me-first society) devolved government...so unlikely to get social measures implemented...but then that's your problem...you can always vote for left of centre parties ! (Yes 'we' can !)

Once you have your own English Assembly or Government to run your domestic affairs (i.e., not reserved powers, such as macro-economic, defence or foreign affairs ...there will be no excuses (but your own) for denigrating other non-English nations in this United Kingdom !!

PS See Youtube for 'Diomhair' for details of past lies and injustices !

Last edited by MacScot; Apr 6th 2009 at 7:53 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 7:52 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
There was a revealing item on Emirati news a month or so ago, in which some professional Emiratis in their mid-20s stated that their average salary was $125,000 per year...not bad...especially if there is a 70% raise on the cards !
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MacScot
Not true. Oxford Economics in-depth report showed that Scotland was not subsidised by England or the rest of the UK but paid its way. Both London and Scotland pay their way...the rest of the nations and regions receive subsidies.

If you're on about oil and gas in Scottish waters (95%) then Scotland is one of the few countries in the world that discovered oil and got poorer for it. Most of the oil wealth , money went South to paying for infrastructure in the South East...e.g., M25, Chunnel, and the London tube and railway station expansions etc.

It's time the capital city of the UK was moved from London to somewhere central in the UK , such as Birmingham or Manchester. Then that would leave Westminster to the devolved government of England...you definitely need it, to stop whinging about the progressive social programs of the Scottish Government and the Northern Ireland and Welsh assemblies.

If, for example, you want free university education and free prescriptions, rather than being envious of these popular measures elsewhere in the UK, why not be pro-active and lobby your OWN English MPs to look after the PEOPLE of England (you have 85% of the block grants from the UK exchequer). Unfortunately, you are likely to have a very long term Conservative-dominated (i.e., a me-first society) devolved government...so unlikely to get social measures implemented...but then that's your problem...you can always vote for left of centre parties ! (Yes 'we' can !)

Once you have your own English Assembly or Government to run your domestic affairs (i.e., not reserved powers, such as macro-economic, defence or foreign affairs ...there will be no excuses (but your own) for denigrating other non-English nations in this United Kingdom !!

I think you have to be mad to advocate another assembly or parliament.

That monstrosity we have at Holyrood and the people in it is the biggest waste of money ever (apologies: probably after the millennium dome!).

Where does it all stop? an assembly for North Scotland? A regional government for East anglia? A City Committee for Glasgow?

We have a parliament in Westminster - more than enough for the whole UK.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:23 pm
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
I think you have to be mad to advocate another assembly or parliament.

That monstrosity we have at Holyrood and the people in it is the biggest waste of money ever (apologies: probably after the millennium dome!).

Where does it all stop? an assembly for North Scotland? A regional government for East anglia? A City Committee for Glasgow?

We have a parliament in Westminster - more than enough for the whole UK.
Naw...it is only for the nations of the UK and not the regions of England. England tried to have regional assemblies...the people in the North East (first referendum, I think) rejected the concept. Time for an assembly/government for domestic affairs in England (most likely London).

The UK government can then deal only with reserved matters.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Naw...it is only for the nations of the UK and not the regions of England. England tried to have regional assemblies...the people in the North East (first referendum, I think) rejected the concept. Time for an assembly/government for domestic affairs in England (most likely London).

The UK government can then deal only with reserved matters.
the only way that will happen is if Labour lose most of their Scottish and welsh seats in Westminster. Without those they have no power base.

so that should be after the next election then
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:17 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I can't believe the vitriol in this thread Why shouldn t a country look after it's own? Or should the the UAE follow the Scottish model and give all it's wealth away too the equivalett of an English nemises?
We're just jealous that the UAE cares for it's own while the UK barely looks after us and seems to prefer giving money to people in and from other countries so as not to seem racist.

Oh and I think you will find Scotland benefits from English money more than the other way around...

N.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
We're just jealous that the UAE cares for it's own while the UK barely looks after us and seems to prefer giving money to people in and from other countries so as not to seem racist.

Oh and I think you will find Scotland benefits from English money more than the other way around...

N.
Norm do you write for the Daily Mail?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I think that we need a referendum on devolution, will Salmon have the balls to call it? ??? Thats the question... Could go down in history as the one who started the break up of the union...

Plus then we can have an end to we hate the English b0ll0x and possibly even help to re ignite a bit of national identity we in England can be proud of...

Im all for it but it needs to run two ways, England, Wales too, I'll leave out NI as that is a minefield at the moment...

Obviously we keep the oil and gas, which could end in invassion and occuption, but hey, we coudl lose this time and be invaded by Scots!

Plus it will effectively mean the end of the Labour Party, sorry Nu Labour party in GB and could mean a mini revolution of sorts not seen since the early part of the last century...

Would certainly make for an interesting few years, although not so interesting being governed by the Tories long-term!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
banter, which bit, the 30% of two years ago, the 70% of last year or the new 70% allowance??? if this recent 70%, it is still crap as the averaage salary has still doubled in two years, not sustainable, not sensible and definately a foolish move in a country so divided
Shiva, the bit that I am referring to is the new 70%, this will not be implimented on those who already had the previous salary increases.

I can honestley tell you some of them are paid a fortune for doing nothing but the others are paid peanuts for working their bollocks off- in the UK ( only for example) can you tell me that a trainee cop woudl accept 900GBP per month as salary ? this is the starting salary for a UAE national who was not fortunate enough to have daddy pay for an education outside.

Salaries have not doubled they have just come in line with the market rate, they are still paid below most of the expats here and with very little benefits, there is a serious misconception that UAE national get most things for nothing, that is not the case.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:06 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
.......Oh and I think you will find Scotland benefits from English money more than the other way around...
Scotland (2006/2007):
Revenues from Scotland = GBP 54,680 million
Expenditure in Scotland GBP 50,008 million
Surplus GBP 4,672 million

Source: http://www.realmofscotland.com/The_G..._GERS_2006.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.