British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   6 Nations coverage? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/6-nations-coverage-703335/)

Bigtaff Feb 1st 2011 5:16 pm

6 Nations coverage?

Are OSN screening the 6 nations and, if so, what channel or channels will it be shown on?

The Dean Feb 1st 2011 5:47 pm

Re: 6 Nations coverage?

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 9144602)
Are OSN screening the 6 nations and, if so, what channel or channels will it be shown on?

It's in their publicity blurb but not sure which channel..............

Bigtaff Feb 1st 2011 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9144669)
It's in their publicity blurb but not sure which channel..............

I searched on their website but couldn't see anything. Maybe I searched for the wrong keyword but only IRB Rugby 7s and something else showed up but not 6 Nations...

Bigtaff Feb 1st 2011 6:01 pm

http://liveonsat.com/LJ_rugby_union.php

Pretty handy website!! Doesn't seem to list 6 Nations games as showing on OSN but OSN is mentioned for other stuff. Does it look accurate to you?

The Dean Feb 1st 2011 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 9144687)
I searched on their website but couldn't see anything. Maybe I searched for the wrong keyword but only IRB Rugby 7s and something else showed up but not 6 Nations...

Checking again........... you're right.

Call Maricel Uson at OSN on 056 135 7773 to ask her. She's very helpful....... in all sorts of ways...........

Bigtaff Feb 1st 2011 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9144700)
Checking again........... you're right.

Call Maricel Uson at OSN on 056 135 7773 to ask her. She's very helpful....... in all sorts of ways...........

Funnily enough, she is the Filipino girl that signed me up for OSN!! I think she was in Dubai Mall advertising it at the time....

lionheart Feb 1st 2011 6:16 pm

There was a thread about this topic last month. I believe the consensus was that OSN are NOT covering the matches but it might be aired on Al Jazeerah Sports, but not sure exactly where.

Mischief Queen Feb 2nd 2011 3:13 am

It's on Al Jazeera Sports 3. If you have evision (assume du are the same) it's 23dhs extra per month to add all the Al Jazeera sports channels - just ring them up and it's done 24 hours later (insh'allah...)

Bigtaff Feb 2nd 2011 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen (Post 9145754)
It's on Al Jazeera Sports 3. If you have evision (assume du are the same) it's 23dhs extra per month to add all the Al Jazeera sports channels - just ring them up and it's done 24 hours later (insh'allah...)

It's worth a an extra £4 to me so will do that for sure! Thanks :)

Mischief Queen Feb 2nd 2011 3:30 am

No problem... it's needed at home with the Friday night stupid o'clock matches!

Bigtaff Feb 2nd 2011 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen (Post 9145786)
No problem... it's needed at home with the Friday night stupid o'clock matches!

Just spoke to Maricel Uson and she informs me that I need an extra card to watch Al Jazeera Sports on OSN, she is going to try and source me one :unsure:

The Dean Feb 2nd 2011 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 9145808)
Just spoke to Maricel Uson and she informs me that I need an extra card to watch Al Jazeera Sports on OSN, she is going to try and source me one :unsure:

She offered me that too. She said it was simple enough.

Bigtaff Feb 2nd 2011 6:27 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9146014)
She offered me that too. She said it was simple enough.

In which case, happy days :thumbsup:

NorthernLad Feb 2nd 2011 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Bigtaff (Post 9145808)

Maybe it has changed, but last year I rang up and they activated Al Jazeera sport in a couple of hours.

The coverage is far better than ShowSports, they had Richard Hill in studio at half time rather than the monotonous Toshiba adverts looping.

Bigtaff Feb 2nd 2011 5:31 pm

Deano, did Maricel get back to you? I called her earlier but no answer and didn't ring back. Will try her again tomorrow but just wondered if she had "sorted you out" yet?