6 Nations

Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Nations

Originally Posted by lionheart
But your goal kicker Carter scores more penalties and drop goals than anybody else, so where is the logic?
The logic is that penalties and dropgoals are the net sum of the northern hemisphere game.
At least southern hemisphere racks up a few tries as well....
Carters drop goal record is fairly average from memory.

Last edited by Jeeper; Feb 3rd 2010 at 10:16 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And at the risk of flogging an already dying horse, Jeeper.........

I still to this day cannot understand how they lost the '99 '03 and '07. All 3 were for the taking.

Are you serious??? I accept that, in nine years out of ten, NZ have been better than, and would probably beat, England......... but 2003 was the exception. There is no doubt that - and forgive me for mentioning it, because it will probably not happen again for a very long while - England were the best team in the world......
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
And at the risk of flogging an already dying horse, Jeeper.........

I still to this day cannot understand how they lost the '99 '03 and '07. All 3 were for the taking.

Are you serious??? I accept that, in nine years out of ten, NZ have been better than, and would probably beat, England......... but 2003 was the exception. There is no doubt that - and forgive me for mentioning it, because it will probably not happen again for a very long while - England were the best team in the world......
Yes - I agree with that....I'm just harping on about the fact we didn't get a chance to have a crack at England at that point. Ask any NZer if being the best in the world at RWC time means you will win the final....

1 game - anything can happen...who knows....no one - 'cause we never got there.

Lost to OZ who were actually quite weak at that time.

Last edited by Jeeper; Feb 3rd 2010 at 2:39 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:21 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Back on topic...Biddi Bondi said they have it on. I'm guessing Barasti will have it if you are that way inclined.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I agree that it's more than a rugby tournament - and understand the passion involved....I'm just saying it's boring because as a Rugby fan with no vested interest in any of the teams, the rugby itself is as boring as all he.ll

Did you watch the last NZ v France game? That was a bloody great game, and not just 'cause we won.....it was bloody brilliant to watch.
If England and Wales played like that I would tune in for sure.
Dropgoals and penalties...ho hum.
Im sorry??? You have heard of Shane Williams, right??

As I said (and for which you deleted from my original quote) yeah - it's interesting for people from those parts....that's it.
And that's only due the pride, not the spectacle.

...and Wales rugby is a shame. They should be much better more often than they are.
Being fiercly proud of being Welsh I still do agree we should be playing better and proved we can in 2008 with pretty much the same team as we have now
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Back to topic... Al Jaz bought the rights for it on Tuesday evening. Expect them to be shown on Al Jaz Sport +3 etc.

Showtime hold all other rugby rights for the next three years.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Im sorry??? You have heard of Shane Williams, right??
Big fish in a small pond.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Are you serious? Australia were the better team, and would have outlasted England in the stamina stakes in a few more minutes of play....except someone passed the ball to the muppet Rogers, who punted down field, and into Wilkinson's arms...and the rest is history.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
But your goal kicker Carter scores more penalties and drop goals than anybody else, so where is the logic?
But he scores a lot more points from conversions, therein lies the difference.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Are you serious? Australia were the better team, and would have outlasted England in the stamina stakes in a few more minutes of play....except someone passed the ball to the muppet Rogers, who punted down field, and into Wilkinson's arms...and the rest is history.
Get your facts right............. Wilkinson did not get the ball from Rogers, he got it from a series of English possession phases following Moody's line-out take.

Australia the better team?? You're out of your mind - if it wasn't for Andre Watson's incompetent reffing of the front rows, England would have been 20 points ahead after 80 mins. Wilko would not have gone down in English folklore, because he wouldn't have been needed.

And nobody outlasted that England team for stamina - I suspect they were the fittest (I'm not saying best, I'm saying fittest) team in history.

Apart from that, your comments were accurate............
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Get your facts right............. Wilkinson did not get the ball from Rogers, he got it from a series of English possession phases following Moody's line-out take.

Australia the better team?? You're out of your mind - if it wasn't for Andre Watson's incompetent reffing of the front rows, England would have been 20 points ahead after 80 mins. Wilko would not have gone down in English folklore, because he wouldn't have been needed.

And nobody outlasted that England team for stamina - I suspect they were the fittest (I'm not saying best, I'm saying fittest) team in history.

Apart from that, your comments were accurate............
I think he meant rogers punted down field.....blah blah blah...and into Wilkinsons arms it ended up->game over......
Just missed out the unneccesary details for the point that OZ (rogers) should not have given away possession.

I actually find watching highlights of the English win more depressing than any all black RWC loss.

Last edited by Jeeper; Feb 4th 2010 at 2:51 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Back to topic... Al Jaz bought the rights for it on Tuesday evening. Expect them to be shown on Al Jaz Sport +3 etc.

Showtime hold all other rugby rights for the next three years.
Is this definite as it's not listed on the Al Jazeera scheduling for tomorrow on +3 and I don't want to fork out for the extra channels if it's not gonna be on?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I think he meant rogers punted down field.....blah blah blah...and into Wilkinsons arms it ended up->game over......
Just missed out the unneccesary details for the point that OZ (rogers) should not have given away possession.
Thank you. The useless Leaguie should have run with the ball, and not punted. If memory serves (I was there, but was having a fit) there was only 90 seconds or so left when he punted?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The 6N has a passionate following among South African friends of mine,
Only because of the time zone...

and many Australians too.
Name one...

I accept that, year in, year out, you'll get more skillful rugby in the SH
Case closed your honour....
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Is this definite as it's not listed on the Al Jazeera scheduling for tomorrow on +3 and I don't want to fork out for the extra channels if it's not gonna be on?
UPDATE - The schedules are showing for Sunday on +3 and they've got re-runs of Saturday's matches and Sunday's match showing live which is good enough for me, so just called the muppets at EVision to add the channels - hurrah.

Oh, and to comment on the other posts - England were without doubt the best team in the world in 2003, anyone who cannot acknowledge this obviously does not know rugby or is just bitter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.