Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

6,000 bloody AED for the cat

Wikiposts

6,000 bloody AED for the cat

Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6,000 bloody AED for the cat

So are you getting excited Ethos?

Whats on your list of todos?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I just recently spent 2000$ to find my cat when she went missing.Had to hire a pet detective but actually found cat from a person who called in after seeing my missing poster.
Was it Ace Ventura?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
How many poor rural Japanese fishermen would Dhs6,000 have helped to rehouse? Some people cannot seem to get their priorities right.
Give it a rest - Dhs6,000 is a piss in the ocean. The Japanese poured 61bn USD into their financial system two days ago - if they wanted to house fishermen they could. They don't need the money and giving money will not help them.

Logistics and cold water for the power station is in need.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:49 am
Just Joined

The Green Martian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Good lad, we're fully expecting to pay that when we leave, although I'm more than happy to.

Which country are you going to?
did you have to have the rabies test done?
And does it have to go into a months quarantine here and then when you land?

Ta.
New on here, so please bear with me if this hasn't come through correctly..

Anyone have any idea what immunisation you need to keep up to date for cats here? Brought mine over 2 years ago and think that it's just the rabies you need to keep renewing if you ever want to take your cat back home... Are there other injections needed to keep the pet passport valid?

Cheers!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:51 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Back to the UK. My mum's picking him up at Heathrow and he' staying with them for a bit till I get settled down in London.

This is very important - the cat must be fully up to date with his/her rabies vaccinations. This would mean that a new rabies vaccination, followed by a blood test and waiting period of six months must be carried out here in the UAE.

I always kept my cat's vaccinations current on the off chance I would leave without much warning.

If the cat's shots are up to date then it does not have to go into quarantine. The UAE's one of the acceptable countries. http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet...info/other.htm
Yeah we haven't got Santi's (our cat) rabies done, so will have to get that done soon - can you remember how much it cost?

All shots are up to date though as we let him out.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:52 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

How many poor rural Japanese fishermen would Dhs6,000 have helped to rehouse? Some people cannot seem to get their priorities right.
To be fair the Japs would probably eat the cats.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by The Green Martian
New on here, so please bear with me if this hasn't come through correctly..

Anyone have any idea what immunisation you need to keep up to date for cats here? Brought mine over 2 years ago and think that it's just the rabies you need to keep renewing if you ever want to take your cat back home... Are there other injections needed to keep the pet passport valid?

Cheers!
Yeah you get 2 done a year, can't remember what for but its about AED 400.

Also get it chipped if its not already.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:28 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Also get it chipped if its not already.
How would you like to have a microchip inserted in your body?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Are you now whining about the civil liberties of cats?

Poxy things kept me awake last night by fighting in my back garden.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:58 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Don;t be a shitgibbon mate, it's a tiny chip under the skin, he hardly flinched when they out it in.

And I wouldn't mind actually, they have them in LA I think where you use it as ID to get into clubs etc.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people think we're chipped already- by the aliens!!!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

All vets recommend being microchipped so if your animal is lost a chip reader can identify the pet and trace it to a vet, who will then contact the owner.

I hardly see it being cruel.

Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:21 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see.

Last camping trip this weekend. Drinks tomorrow night. Dinner party Monday night. Last week in office next week. Then Vietnam for two weeks. Back for a week to have visa cancelled and bank accounts closed.

Pajero already sold (For exactly 70K if you doubters want to know). Furniture sold/given away except for the bed, which goes next week. The rugs and knicknacks I picked up in Turkey and Pakistan and other places have already been collected by the shippers.

So - no major must do in Dubai, just lots of work do finish at the office and seeing all my friends before the big teary departure. I will try to get to Ravi's for one last big meal.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So are you getting excited Ethos?

Whats on your list of todos?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:28 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

It also means that should anything happen to the cat and some-one is kind enough to take it to the vet (as they did with ours after he was hit by a car) the vet can contact you....

The chip is smaller than a grain of rice, take seconds to implant and rates of serious complications are in the order of one in a million.... To me it's more of a case of why wouldn't you....
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds very organized Ethos- how about getting your deposit back on your apartment? Or is it the norm to just right that off?

Before you leave will you tell us your name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.