Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

5 Reasons why the South is better than the north true or false?

5 Reasons why the South is better than the north true or false?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:26 am
Just Joined

miss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nice
Default 5 Reasons why the South is better than the north true or false?

Why the South is better than the North

1. The Queen lives in London (dunno if thats something to be proud of though)

2.Oxford and Cambridge University

3. You can actually understand people when they talk (unless they're from south London or Poland)

4.London Pride- Camden Market, Pie n Mash,Towers of London, Big Ben, London Eye, Only Fools and Horses, the underground, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, Oliver Twist, Sweeny Todd..etc

5.In a 2008 poll, it was voted that most of the places in the top ten best places to live in the U.K. were in indeed located in Buckinghamshire and the worst place to live as number 1. was Middlesborough.

Now why is the North better?

1. Some of the best football clubs- Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester City.....etc

2.Girls Aloud and the Beatles

3.Blackpool

4.Cheaper to go to the pub.

5.Shares a nice border with Scotland.

What do you agree with?

Last edited by miss-minx; Jan 17th 2009 at 8:34 am.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Reasons why the South is better than the north true or false?

As a Northern Lad, of course my opinion is biased.But then, we northerners always tell it like it is.

Apart from the pro's and cons listed, I genuinely feel that the North is 'real' whereas the South , and London in particular is very prententious. Full of wannabe's, the same accent and of course, twice as expensive as t'North.

And don't forget Rugby League. A proper man's sport. In football, when someone even comes near you, you are expected to fall to the ground, roll over several times and cup face in hands as if to stem a flow of non existent gushing blood. Same scenario in Rugby League - someone hits you - you jump straight up and hit them back. Simple.

And as for the best bands from the North - how on earth could you include Girls Aloud at the expense of Oasis / Happy Mondays / Kaiser Chiefs /

Of course its better oop North.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:14 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss-minx
5. Shares a nice border with Scotland.
What's a "nice" border ? 'tis just farmland, no?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Are Girls Aloud from the north?

I know one of them is a Geordie scratter, but the rest?

How many 'Towers of London' are there?

And why would the South be better because the queen lives there?

I've not got a lot against the south - take the southerners out of it and it will be a lovely place
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:53 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

One point of order. When did Newcastle become one of the best teams? They've won **** all for 54 years.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Cambridge was in the East Midlands....so what is the definition of north and south, then? Personally as a non-English person, I find northerners and the Welsh much more friendly than anywhere else.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:34 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

North is anywhere Southerners are scared to go to; South is anywhere Northerners believe is full of pansies.

Thus for Northerners, the South starts just below Manchester, but for Southerners, the North begins at Watford Gap services.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Blackpool and girls aloud are enough reason to set fire to the North alone!

The fact that none of them can speak properly is reason 3.....northern monkeys.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:58 am
Just Joined

miss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nicemiss-minx is just really nice

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Are Girls Aloud from the north?

I know one of them is a Geordie scratter, but the rest?

And why would the South be better because the queen lives there?

I've not got a lot against the south - take the southerners out of it and it will be a lovely place
I do apologize for my lack of concentration when typing.
pardon me, the 'Tower of London'

I remember watching Jonathan Ross and he did mention how all of girls aloud are from the north, can't remember exactly where abouts. I thought you'd be proud to have the lovely ladees from up there.

Last edited by miss-minx; Jan 17th 2009 at 11:08 am.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:01 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 5 Reasons why the South is better than the north true or false?

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

Rubbish of course .
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Charismatic
What do you means rubbish?

their grandads are from the north

that means they should be amazing of course.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Pros and cons to both, I was born and dragged up in West Yorkshire but I have also worked darn sarf.........

South Cons

Ignorant People - Set fire to an old lady to get on the tube first !
House Prices
The Cost Of Living
M25,A12, M11.........
Congestion Charge
Transport _ First sign of snow and the capital comes to a standstill!
Rush, Rush, Rush
Jellied Eels
Blur !!!!
Fluent in Talking Bollocks
South Pros

Let me get back to you................there must be at least one !

North Cons

Bradford
Blackpool
Manchester
Dee Da Land

North Pros

Yorkshire Pudding
Pie And Peas .............With Mint Sauce!
The Music Scene (As Stated)
Rugby League............A Mans Game
Leeds United
Scenic Coastline
Countryside
Mountains and Hills
Real Ales

The North actually ends at Worsbrough Dale, South Of Barnsley, anything below that is a chirpy cockerney chappie !
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

The North actually ends at Worsbrough Dale, South Of Barnsley, anything below that is a chirpy cockerney chappie ![/QUOTE]

Does anyone actually know what a cockney is, or where they actually come from?
Because everyone seems to make out that anyone who has been in the perimeter of the M25 is considered a cockney...

at least down south they actually know that a geordie is from newcastle and a scouser is from liverpool.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:28 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

..is there an echo in here

P.S. OK duplicate post was deleted
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

I stand to be corrected but 'a true cockney must be born within earshot of the sound of Bow Bells', hence I believe they are sarf of the river, Bethnal Green, Bow, Bermondsey areas !

(Thats assuming you can here Bow Bells offer the traffic !)

Anything sarf or Barnsley is a Cockney to me !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.