31 October 2019

Old Aug 18th 2019, 10:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 31 October 2019

Originally Posted by TheShed
"No deal as a concept simply cannot stick with such marginal support, and given the red lines of the EU which are pretty much set in stone, it's likely the UK position will collapse fairly quickly and a single market / customs union deal would follow rather quickly afterwards, and both sides will breathe a sigh of relief."

Yes, I am a committed Brexiteer, but to me this would be the ideal outcome and was, in fact, my preference all along. Most people I know of my age group who were exit biased were looking for exactly this; a return to the original EEC without all of the other costs and restrictions benefits that the EU has imposed brought.

I do also agree that it would be nice to get Brexit out of the news as then Sky would have nothing to say and hopefully disappear from our screens
Made some edits for you mate.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 11:13 pm
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
What will happen.

EU blinks and we get a deal? Crash out without a deal? VONC in Parliament? Boris goes rogue? Election schedule for November right after we leave? Queen steps in?

Many wild speculations running rampant in the political world. What's yours?
On a lighter side, blokes, be optimistic: maybe the whole thing will just leave the EU in xit for years to come just like any other exit we have done in the past (we have India our former Raj IN-xit to this day; or the Trucial States in TRU-xit; or Hong Kong in HonKin-xit
Old Aug 22nd 2019, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Yookay is is coming to an end.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 11:23 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Question: Which country in the developed world has the biggest budget shortfall? A black hole in the public finances larger than the likes of Italy and the rest of southern Europe, bigger than the US under spendthrift Donald Trump and double that of debt-ridden Japan.

Answer: The People's Republic of Scotland, of course.

While the UK’s deficit almost halved to 1.1pc of GDP in 2018/19, the figure for Scotland fell 1.1 percentage points to a still eye-watering 7pc.
Old Aug 23rd 2019, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Propaganda. The British Deep State is concerned that Scotland will break away. Where can they park Trident ? What about the revenue from the North Sea ?

If you belieev those GERS Statistics you have no chance of passing any exam in Arithmetic.

Last edited by scot47; Aug 23rd 2019 at 2:45 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by scot47
Propaganda. The British Deep State is concerned that Scotland will break away. Where can they park Trident ? What about the revenue from the North Sea ?

If you belieev those GERS Statistics you have no chance of passing any exam in Arithmetic.
Yeah, we should listen to an old, miserable, anti-English drunk on the internet instead.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or we could listen to the half-wits who preach "Better Together" under the rule of the old Etonians. If the English choose to be ruled by people like Rees-Mogg and Johnson with ideas from Farage, so be it.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Or we could listen to the half-wits like Scamp.
I'll drink to that
Old Aug 25th 2019, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'll drink to that
I'm a beacon of light in this world of darkness.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A man whose spiritual home is Essex and whose money is earned on "The Pirate Coast". A paragon !
Old Aug 25th 2019, 6:45 am
Account Closed

A man whose spiritual home is Essex and whose money is earned on "The Pirate Coast". A paragon !
I don't think I've ever been to Essex and your money earned in Saudi is pure and ethically ideal? I think you need to stop drinking for breakfast, I'm worried about you.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 7:07 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I don't think I've ever been to Essex and your money earned in Saudi is pure and ethically ideal? I think you need to stop drinking for breakfast, I'm worried about you.
Now, now ladies..... Put your handbags down...
Old Aug 25th 2019, 7:20 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, we should listen to an old, miserable, anti-English drunk on the internet instead.

The following was written by a guy called Richard Murphy. He is Professor of Practice in International Political Economy at City University, London and Director of Tax Research UK. Look him up, an awful lot of people believe him to be one of the most influential people in the world when it comes to Global taxation.... And he's not a drunk Scotsman..

"First, this was and to some extent remains a Unionist exercise. The short name says it all, and is not, I am sure coincidence. No one puts expenditure ahead of revenue in the name of an accounting document. It was done here for a reason, and it was to make a point that is still repeated. I will treat it with more respect when it is renamed.

Second, this is very largely UK based data. It is simply an extrapolation of that data to Scotland in most cases. And UK data is prepared for UK purposes. The result is that the inherent reporting bias in it, recently referred to by the Tax Justice Network, for example, is not removed. Large amounts of economic value created in Scotland is not reported there as a result.

Third, GERS is not intended to show how an independent Scotland would perform, and does not. For the sake of the independence debate it is almost irrelevant.

Fourth, GERS reflects a lot of spending Scotland would not incur. It would not have a nuclear deterrent, for example.

Fifth, as I have argued many times, the accounting is biased and theoretically utterly flawed. When accounting it is vital that all estimates are prepared consistently and on the same basis. GERS has not been. Income is estimated on the basis of that arising IN Scotland but spending is estimated on the basis of that arising FOR Scotland. So, only taxes paid in Scotland are included. But expenditure in England (mainly), Wales and Northern Ireland is also charged to Scotland when Scotland is deemed to benefit from it. But the tax paid to generate that expenditure is not taken into account. The system is, then, inherently designed to show a deficit.

Sixth, no one really has a clue about the level of Scottish imports and exports, including services, because as yet the data to check these does not exist. And since this data might significantly impact GERS, and any other debate on the Scottish economy, that leaves a gaping hole in the estimates that nothing can fill.

Seventh, even now Scotland has a tax authority we know it is having difficulty identifying Scottish resident people and their tax liabilities. And that is for easy taxes. On VAT, corporation tax and many other taxes the figures are stabs in the dark, especially as much Scottish added value is recorded elsewhere.

In other words, don’t get too excited by GERS. I will not be. It’s CRAp, however it is polished.@

Old Aug 25th 2019, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
In other words, don’t get too excited by GERS. I will not be. It’s CRAp, however it is polished.@
Interesting read, thanks. I'm not even entirely sure where GERS came up in this discussion as relevant or important to it all. I thought we were talking Scotland a while ago in a different thread but might be mistaken.

Nothing can predict what an independent Scotland would look, feel or behave like. Personally, I don't like the idea but wouldn't have a chance to voice that meaningfully. I think it's a shame Brexit has come about as we'd have probably waited another generation before the call for another referendum came up, rather than the support it's gathering now.
Old Aug 25th 2019, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

And what's wrong with Essex?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.