Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

3 Years For Assault Leading to Death

3 Years For Assault Leading to Death

Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of
Default Re: 3 Years For Assault Leading to Death

Originally Posted by Scamp
1) Easier to say C than actually do it.

2) But regardless, I'd do C as peacefully as possible whilst ringing the police.
1) agree

2) same - the priority would be to stop the twat hitting the poor girl.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
1) agree

2) same - the priority would be to stop the twat hitting the poor girl.
I have done that before, a man hitting his girlfriend in Ibiza and I just stepped between them and pulled him off her, I think he was so shocked that it made him stop. I can't bear violence, towards anybody. If I witnessed a mugging I would go to help be it male or female.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:55 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Moral dilemma # 2701...

If you happened to be passing through that car park and seen the beating happening, would you :

A) turned in the opposite direction and pretended not to see anything.
B) walked over to get a closer look but not intervened when you seen it was a local man + non-local female.
C) intervened regardless.
B - because I am a father and don't think going to jail is worth it. I'd call the police and shout warnings but not get involved. I'm rusty for sure but grew up using my fists - I don't think most locals would recover with all the pent up anger I hold against them...I might not be able to stop until there's red everywhere.

In most other countries it would be C - and I have experience of intervening back home and didn't get in any trouble from the police one the lady explained I'd helped her fend off a drugged up would be rapist.

It just goes to show the society they have created for themselves here when the system prevents people with a sense of right and wrong from helping the weak and downtrodden. This is precisely why they are doomed to fail in the long term.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Jul 10th 2012 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

It is an absolute outrage. I'm not surprised her parents are reported as 'shocked' by the verdict.

I have done C a couple of times with non locals but have never seen a local in this sort of situation.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

So does this beat the IKEA case .... or the Hummer running over 2 tourists?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 7:25 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I despair

link

Esther Mwikamba, 26, a shop worker from Kenya, never regained consciousness after the attack. She was rushed to Rashid Hospital where she remained in a coma for 31 days until her death.

A M, an unemployed Emirati, assaulted her in the car park behind the Crowne Plaza hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road on February 18.
Earlier he had sexually assaulted Esther’s friend A W, 28, also from Kenya, in the car park. “I asked him why he did it and he said because we are both black and it was normal with the black people,” she told prosecutors.
And we all knew this would happen, it's an absolute disgrace and this is one of the worst things about this country - get caught with one spliff, 4 years - kill a girl, less.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The law here is ridiculous. Three years for assault leading to death and six months for graping someone's bum!

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Man-hand...ail/story.html

What a waste of police and court time. The groper was punched by the girl's boyfriend so that's enough. Says she withdrew the case, which implies she wanted to make a case in the first place. It's not nice to be grabbed on the arse by a drunken stranger, but it's hardly rape.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 10:19 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The law here is ridiculous. Three years for assault leading to death and six months for graping someone's bum!

What a waste of police and court time. The groper was punched by the girl's boyfriend so that's enough. Says she withdrew the case, which implies she wanted to make a case in the first place. It's not nice to be grabbed on the arse by a drunken stranger, but it's hardly rape.
Another story I found..........The guy gets sentenced to death for raping and murdering someone but pays the Blood Money, Does he learn his lesson?

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Gang-rap...ail/story.html

Nope the ******* low life **** does it again. This time he should get shot.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
i'd love to say i was surprised, i even want to believe somewhere in my soul i'm surprised but i'm not, not anymore.

This country is broken and i suspect it is beyond repair. A country where people behave this way because others from different countries or skin colours are not just seen to be but actually believed to be somehow lesser humans is doomed. its not the laughable punishments that we know are pointless and ineffective its the initial attitudes that are really terrifying.
there was a time when the people in this country valued others, valued their own long culture of tolerance and hospitality, where guest workers were actually appreciated for helping to build the country. Then Baba Zayed died and the little shits multiplied and went forth with their sense of entitlement and self righteous indignation that non nationals are even here at all.

my bucket floweth over
I lived in AD from the late 70s throught to the mid 90s. It was common back then for guest workers/expats from poor countries to not be treated as human beings, particularly if you were a blue collar worker. Physical and mental abuse, exploitation, theft of wages , indentured servitude was common in Zayed's days too.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
And we all knew this would happen, it's an absolute disgrace and this is one of the worst things about this country - get caught with one spliff, 4 years - kill a girl, less.
If she was Emirati or Western, he woulda gotten more time or death.

Arabs have always treated Black people as less than human. There are some exceptions for those who have multi generational roots in the Penninsula or have an Arab father.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Speak for yourself...with my hair loss and developing wrinkles I'll take all the groping I can get.

N.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
If she was Emirati or Western, he woulda gotten more time or death.

Arabs have always treated Black people as less than human. There are some exceptions for those who have multi generational roots in the Penninsula or have an Arab father.
The Arab slave trade in Africa pre-dates anything us Europeans did by some many hundreds of years...and it's still going on in some places.

N.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:04 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

But arse **** a bloke and you get life!

http://www.emirates247.com/crime/loc...07-11-1.466893
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
The Arab slave trade in Africa pre-dates anything us Europeans did by some many hundreds of years...and it's still going on in some places.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY

N.
Shameful all the same - over half of the slaves transported across the Atlantic were moved courtesy of British ships.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 8:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

the fact that you can get out of prison early by paying money is in itself an outrage and just so stupid and backwards it's beyond belief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.