British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   3 Years For Assault Leading to Death (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/3-years-assault-leading-death-764488/)

Sandboy Jul 10th 2012 9:28 am

3 Years For Assault Leading to Death

I despair

link

Esther Mwikamba, 26, a shop worker from Kenya, never regained consciousness after the attack. She was rushed to Rashid Hospital where she remained in a coma for 31 days until her death.

A M, an unemployed Emirati, assaulted her in the car park behind the Crowne Plaza hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road on February 18.
Earlier he had sexually assaulted Esther’s friend A W, 28, also from Kenya, in the car park. “I asked him why he did it and he said because we are both black and it was normal with the black people,” she told prosecutors.

NorthernLad Jul 10th 2012 9:43 am

Re: 3 Years For Assault Leading to Death

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 10163970)
I despair

link

Esther Mwikamba, 26, a shop worker from Kenya, never regained consciousness after the attack. She was rushed to Rashid Hospital where she remained in a coma for 31 days until her death.

A M, an unemployed Emirati, assaulted her in the car park behind the Crowne Plaza hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road on February 18.
Earlier he had sexually assaulted Esther’s friend A W, 28, also from Kenya, in the car park. “I asked him why he did it and he said because we are both black and it was normal with the black people,” she told prosecutors.

Longer sentences for possession of drugs and bouncing cheques.

How long will the actual sentence served be? I'm guessing not four years.

I was having a pleasant day until I read that.

Oyibopeppeh Jul 10th 2012 9:49 am

How about a whip-round to deal this cowardly bastard some summary justice

shiva Jul 10th 2012 10:39 am

i'd love to say i was surprised, i even want to believe somewhere in my soul i'm surprised but i'm not, not anymore.

This country is broken and i suspect it is beyond repair. A country where people behave this way because others from different countries or skin colours are not just seen to be but actually believed to be somehow lesser humans is doomed. its not the laughable punishments that we know are pointless and ineffective its the initial attitudes that are really terrifying.
there was a time when the people in this country valued others, valued their own long culture of tolerance and hospitality, where guest workers were actually appreciated for helping to build the country. Then Baba Zayed died and the little shits multiplied and went forth with their sense of entitlement and self righteous indignation that non nationals are even here at all.

my bucket floweth over

britexpat76 Jul 10th 2012 11:08 am

I know its an old story now but for people that have not read about the Saudi Prince staying at one of the queens B & B's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oc...ailed-for-life

goonerseba Jul 10th 2012 11:13 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10164137)
I know its an old story now but for people that have not read about the Saudi Prince staying at one of the queens B & B's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oc...ailed-for-life

Soon to be joined by his "barbie" princess sister... albeit at the uk taxpayers pleasure as opposed to Her Majesty's - if she gets granted the political asylum she is seeking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-family.html

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2012 11:25 am

It's ****ing disgusting and makes me feel sick.

BUT, I read a lot about the local's wasta / power and still decided to come. I also won't leave off the back of something like this...I'll just remain careful to avoid all local bellends.

Meow Jul 10th 2012 11:26 am

Not all Emiratis have wasta, although they'd all like you to believe that that have.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10164174)
Not all Emiratis have wasta, although they'd all like you to believe that that have.

True but it's not like you can tell from 10 yards away when he's trying to pick a fight.

goonerseba Jul 10th 2012 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10164171)
It's ****ing disgusting and makes me feel sick.

BUT, I read a lot about the local's wasta / power and still decided to come. I also won't leave off the back of something like this...I'll just remain careful to avoid all local bellends.

Moral dilemma # 2701...

If you happened to be passing through that car park and seen the beating happening, would you :

A) turned in the opposite direction and pretended not to see anything.
B) walked over to get a closer look but not intervened when you seen it was a local man + non-local female.
C) intervened regardless.

Meow Jul 10th 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by goonerseba (Post 10164192)
Moral dilemma # 2701...

If you happened to be passing through that car park and seen the beating happening, would you :

B) walked over to get a closer look but not intervened when you seen it was a local man + non-local female.

C everytime. No question about it.

britexpat76 Jul 10th 2012 11:37 am

Get them in the UK and they would weep like little fatties dropping their sweets if they were confronted.

I like the comments from the Judge when he banged the prince up,

Mr Justice Bean said: "It is very unusual for a prince to be in the dock on a murder charge.

"No one in this country is above the law. It would be wrong for me to sentence you either more severely or more leniently because of your membership of the Saudi royal family."

A big **** you jeb end.

britexpat76 Jul 10th 2012 11:38 am

Moral dilemma # 2701...

C - And kicked shit out of him regardless of consequences.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2012 11:46 am

Moral dilemma # 2701...

Easier to say C than actually do it.

But regardless, I'd do C as peacefully as possible whilst ringing the police.

Patsy Stoned Jul 10th 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10164196)
C everytime. No question about it.

me too