Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

3 months prison for being alone in the company of a woman!!

3 months prison for being alone in the company of a woman!!

Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:45 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 months prison for being alone in the company of a woman!!

More Emarati justice, 3 months seems a bit harsh: http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....80/-1/BUSINESS

Oh, and the girl going to prison for reporting being raped seems a little unfair too.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3 months prison for being alone in the company of a woman!!

Another case of deja vu...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668738
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:27 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Not quite, no.

I found it amusing that they could be jailed for being 'alone' when there five of them.

It probably means they were accused of khalwat - excessive closeness - which implies there was a possibility of intercourse but no evidence. I guess they managed to convince the judge they weren't interested in sloppy thirds after their two mates.

But thanks for your helpful insight.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah that story...
she got into a car with her boyfriend, who did NOT want to talk about his stamp collection, as it turns out.

And he called up a few of his mates.

Just goes to show a ton of stuff goes on, just keep it safe and keep it quiet. But if things do go wrong, they throw the book at you.

eg if you make a nuisance of yourself at an airport, and act like a shit, you get locked up for seven years.

Surely an airport is the one place where you try not to make a fuss.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ctfc
Not quite, no...
But thanks for your helpful insight.
Why no? It's the same story only that last month the charges were made and this month the sentences were imposed. From memory, the girl's family disowned her, hence the lack of legal representation. An honour killing type of scenario. Disgraceful.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I've so far served 27 years for being in the company of one woman.........
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:14 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Have you got the Stockholm syndrome yet?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:51 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
More Emarati justice, 3 months seems a bit harsh: http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....80/-1/BUSINESS

Oh, and the girl going to prison for reporting being raped seems a little unfair too.
You expect "fair" in an Islamic country?

Come one...she should be happy she's here and not in Afgahnistan where she would be stoned to death....hooray for "moderate" interpretations of Islam in the GCC!

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Dean
Assuming youre being honest; Im male, 29 and I can't imagine being in that situation. It sounds painful. Is it? I just can't put myself in your shoes. Why do I always ask such psychologically stunted questions on this forum?