23 days to go!!!

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 23 days to go!!!

Originally Posted by TheShed
Yeah, can't wait for the game. Its very close to my birthday so Mrs Shed has arranged the stadium tour where we'll lunch with some Chelsea legends. What a wife!!!
Last time I was at Stamford Bridge it only had 3 sides and I think we thumped you, 2-4 or something.

Originally Posted by mission
so you've had 4 trips so far? why the sad face?
Yeah, sad because this is the last. They've all come in a spurt.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:33 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Your first game of the season is actually on Sunday. Looking forward to doing the double over you lot...
erm..... no, its Saturday actually

https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:35 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
am curious - why is this such a novelty?
I think the novelty factor is because so few people have or will ever do it. Theres only about 10 people per day.

AFAIK, its not just locking a few doors, theres quite a lot of ceremony associated with it. If its crap, I've wasted an hour, no drama.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, I'm going to the UK and will be doing 4 days in a caravan near norfolk. #Keepitreal.
That will be cool.
You can go full Partridge.

Looking forward to doing the double over you lot...
Arsenal can only do the double if it's their tournament where losing means winning the trophy.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That will be cool.
You can go full Partridge.
I'm not so sure... I hate Caravans to be honest. Last time I stayed in one was after I'd just bought a house and the car broke down and that's the only holiday I could afford that year. It rained the whole time and I left a day or so early.

The time before that I was about 14. That holiday was marginally better as I got a smelly finger from a welsh girl.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:06 am
Account Closed

I'm not so sure... I hate Caravans to be honest. Last time I stayed in one was after I'd just bought a house and the car broke down and that's the only holiday I could afford that year. It rained the whole time and I left a day or so early.

The time before that I was about 14. That holiday was marginally better as I got a smelly finger from a welsh girl.
I used to go with my Gradparents when I was younger.

Ironically, it's the only thing I remember being repossessed when my parent's went bankrupt and split up in the early 90's recession. We had a +/-40ft long twin wheel monster. They came and stuck it on a truck and ****ed off. Mental.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks for the catching that out. Hadn't thought of it. D'oh of course. T-5 is only for BA. Even though I'm on a BA ticket

Originally Posted by Gavtek
All the flights should have a flight number beginning with QR in addition to BA so you should be fine. Plus the LHR to DOH flight will be leaving from T4, so you won't be able to use the BA lounge in T5 unless you really want to punish yourself.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I used to go with my Gradparents when I was younger.

Ironically, it's the only thing I remember being repossessed when my parent's went bankrupt and split up in the early 90's recession. We had a +/-40ft long twin wheel monster. They came and stuck it on a truck and ****ed off. Mental.
My dream holiday is a month long drive across the states in an RV. Which is odd, as I hate caravans and am not that keen on the states but for some reason the combination appeals to me.

edit: actually, I think it's static caravans that are the problem.

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 2nd 2017 at 10:30 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Community Shield...
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:41 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

My dream holiday is a month long drive across the states in an RV. Which is odd, as I hate caravans and am not that keen on the states but for some reason the combination appeals to me.

I did something almost similar, myself and some buddies after college were living close to Boston, and we basically spent 6 weeks driving people's cars for a relocation company. There was no payment, just you had the use of the car and had to deliver it to the depot by a certain day. Anyhow we made it down as far as Texas I think before we started coming back. We went through the mid west going south and then up along the coast past Florida on the way back.

It was a complete devil may care type of jaunt, no planning just find out at the next depot where they had a delivery required and take in the sights along the way.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:41 am
Account Closed

That's one of my bucket list trips for sure.

I just the US has so much to offer and the people are, on the whole, very pleasant.

Plus, those massive RVs are ****ing cool.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 10:50 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't specify Premier League. First game of the 2017-'18 English football season is next Sunday:
FA Community Shield | Wembley Stadium
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I will be in the US for ten days for a wedding, catching up with some old university mates in NYC, and exploring the New England coastline, and all this follows a week in the Scottish highlands (complicated trip but that's the way it evolved).

US is a hit or miss place. There's little in the US that's bad but there's much that is unremarkable and boring. The distances are enormous so if you want to do one of those caravan / motor homes trips just be aware it often involves mindless driving for ten hours a day along boring motorways through boring countryside with the same petrol station / attached fast food chain repeating itself every ten miles.

But when you hit the hits, the US is spectacular. The American west, in particular.

Americans are incredibly nice people. Probably the nicest in the world. But a bit weird too I love hearing Americans talk about "upgrading" from their 3,500 sqft house because it's "too small" and they all drive mini battleships.

That's one of my bucket list trips for sure.

I just the US has so much to offer and the people are, on the whole, very pleasant.

Plus, those massive RVs are ****ing cool.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:06 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Ah, thanks for the catching that out. Hadn't thought of it. D'oh of course. T-5 is only for BA. Even though I'm on a BA ticket
BA have a lounge in T3 also as they have a few departures from there. Not much help if the Qataria flight is from T4 I guess (the Etihad lounge there is epic but I guess you might get arrested if you tried going in there with anything Qatari...).

I'm not so sure that what Gavtek says will apply. Is your Qataria membership the equivalent of Silver or Gold? OneWorld lounge access terms can be quite different depending. You may need to be travelling on a ticket with that airline's code to use their lounge if you are silver.

Fairly recently, travelling on BA (from Venice I think) using my BA blue FF number I tried, unsuccessfully, to gain access to a BA lounge with my Cathay gold card. The only way I could have done it was to use my Cathay number in my booking which would have necessitated a lengthy interaction with swarthy (not in a good way - never is when applied to a female I think) ground staff and anyway I preferred to accrue BA tier points. So I went and bought some fig jam in the duty free instead. Not the same situation but illustrative of how fiddly those lounge rules can be and how rigidly they are usually policed.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
But when you hit the hits, the US is spectacular. The American west, in particular.

Americans are incredibly nice people. Probably the nicest in the world. But a bit weird too
Like everywhere you take the rough with the smooth, the nice with the weird.
I've never been West but will do one day.
Realised when we leave here to relocate, let's say to the UK, it's about the only time in my working life I might have a chance and the funds to take a month or two long trip. US road trip it is.

BA have a lounge in T3 also as they have a few departures from there. Not much help if the Qataria flight is from T4 I guess (the Etihad lounge there is epic but I guess you might get arrested if you tried going in there with anything Qatari...).

I'm not so sure that what Gavtek says will apply. Is your Qataria membership the equivalent of Silver or Gold? OneWorld lounge access terms can be quite different depending. You may need to be travelling on a ticket with that airline's code to use their lounge if you are silver.

Fairly recently, travelling on BA (from Venice I think) using my BA blue FF number I tried, unsuccessfully, to gain access to a BA lounge with my Cathay gold card. The only way I could have done it was to use my Cathay number in my booking which would have necessitated a lengthy interaction with swarthy (not in a good way - never is when applied to a female I think) ground staff and anyway I preferred to accrue BA tier points. So I went and bought some fig jam in the duty free instead. Not the same situation but illustrative of how fiddly those lounge rules can be and how rigidly they are usually policed.
Yeah but how was the jam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.