Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

22 people in a 1 bed apartment!

22 people in a 1 bed apartment!

Old Sep 9th 2015, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default 22 people in a 1 bed apartment!

what a lovely place IC must be

Father of five dies in leap from burning Dubai flat
Old Sep 9th 2015, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 22 people in a 1 bed apartment!

Awful.

Those poor, poor bastards.

That's a flat near us where three men died in a fire a few years ago. Imagine deciding how you are going to die.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Awful.

Those poor, poor bastards.

That's a flat near us where three men died in a fire a few years ago. Imagine deciding how you are going to die.
very reason I live on the first floor. Hate apartments for this - especially here - you've reminded me to buy my rope ladder.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by al dente
Imagine deciding how you are going to die.
Indeed. Horrible thought.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 12:50 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
very reason I live on the first floor. Hate apartments for this - especially here - you've reminded me to buy my rope ladder.
Hey I want to buy a rope ladder as well man! Yesterday there was a small fire exactly in the flat above me. The silly cow rushed out of the kitchen the moment there was a small emergency, ran down from the 3rd floor instead of using the fire extinguisher right in front of her ***ing face! The poor security guard had to run up to try and extinguish it and of course by then the whole apartment was full of thick black smoke. I went upstairs to check on them and it had been more than 12 minutes and the civil guys hadn't shown up! All the cleaners and the guards were just standing outside not going in because honestly it was thick thick black smoke and we couldn't see or breathe. Plus the gas cylinder was about to go off any second! Well anyway, the fire extinguisher was used blindly and I must admit we made the mistake of opening the windows to let the smoke out but thankgod the fire had been controlled by then. Anyway, it was a tough ordeal and it gave me new respect for what the fire fighters have to go through.

And btw this is the second fire in this building this year. The first time it was also a stupid cow who, despite having told a million times, still burnt her religious crap inside the flat. Now I am all for everyone practicing their own religion inside their house but atleast be ***ing responsible about it!!
And guess where both the idiots are from? South part of a country with a billion people in it! Sometimes I just can't believe the low level of IQ some of these people have! And no this is not a racist thing, although it might look like one but only someone who has lived here with these people can actually relate to what I am trying to say.
Anyway, that was a pretty tough ordeal on the kids as well and now I want to go live in a villa!
Old Sep 9th 2015, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

we have lazy bar stewards in our building who think the best place to put a shopping trolley is in front of a fire exit
Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Hey I want to buy a rope ladder as well man! Yesterday there was a small fire exactly in the flat above me. The silly cow rushed out of the kitchen the moment there was a small emergency, ran down from the 3rd floor instead of using the fire extinguisher right in front of her ***ing face! The poor security guard had to run up to try and extinguish it and of course by then the whole apartment was full of thick black smoke. I went upstairs to check on them and it had been more than 12 minutes and the civil guys hadn't shown up! All the cleaners and the guards were just standing outside not going in because honestly it was thick thick black smoke and we couldn't see or breathe. Plus the gas cylinder was about to go off any second! Well anyway, the fire extinguisher was used blindly and I must admit we made the mistake of opening the windows to let the smoke out but thankgod the fire had been controlled by then. Anyway, it was a tough ordeal and it gave me new respect for what the fire fighters have to go through.

And btw this is the second fire in this building this year. The first time it was also a stupid cow who, despite having told a million times, still burnt her religious crap inside the flat. Now I am all for everyone practicing their own religion inside their house but atleast be ***ing responsible about it!!
And guess where both the idiots are from? South part of a country with a billion people in it! Sometimes I just can't believe the low level of IQ some of these people have! And no this is not a racist thing, although it might look like one but only someone who has lived here with these people can actually relate to what I am trying to say.
Anyway, that was a pretty tough ordeal on the kids as well and now I want to go live in a villa
!
No not racist, I am sure all those with an average IQ realise that a country with a billion people would have a greater number of stupid and low IQ people than most other countries.
(More at the other end of the scale also).

The combination of flats/gas cylinders/fire-lighting/ stupidity is really frightening. I would not want to live with that mix.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
No not racist, I am sure all those with an average IQ realise that a country with a billion people would have a greater number of stupid and low IQ people than most other countries.
(More at the other end of the scale also).
Enough already with what you obviously seem to think is your role in life, to 'defend' Indians and those from the Indian sub continent. We know your opinion, we do not need to hear it ad infinitum ad nauseam. In future we will take it as a given that you are offended/object/cannot believe it blah blah blah.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Enough already with what you obviously seem to think is your role in life, to 'defend' Indians and those from the Indian sub continent. We know your opinion, we do not need to hear it ad infinitum ad nauseam. In future we will take it as a given that you are offended/object/cannot believe it blah blah blah.
Hallelujah
Old Sep 9th 2015, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

what about the tea pickers, Mike. I was looking at the pictures - I could see that at least 59% of them were middle class.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Millhouse please do not feed the troll. I thank you for your patience and forbearance.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

22 Indians in a one bed. Can you imagine what it must have smelt like

I blame Clive of india personally
Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Dear gods please make it so
Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:14 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I blame Clive of india personally

Won the battle of plassey outnumbered 30-1 in 40 minutes With 22 dead.

A victory based largely in the fact they showed up on time and 40,000 Indians betrayed their own. The battle that won a continent from 150,000,000 people fought by just 750 Europeans on the British side.

An jewel in an empire that frankly just shouldn't have been possible.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Won the battle of plassey outnumbered 30-1 in 40 minutes With 22 dead.

A victory based largely in the fact they showed up on time and 40,000 Indians betrayed their own. The battle that won a continent from 150,000,000 people fought by just 750 Europeans on the British side.

An jewel in an empire that frankly just shouldn't have been possible.
By default he made Bipat possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.