Old Jan 13th 2021, 11:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 2021

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Definitely one of your rasher comments...
You telling porkies again?
Old Jan 13th 2021, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely one of your rasher comments...
I was worried I might boar people with pork jokes.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 4:45 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I was worried I might boar people with pork jokes.
You should be more concerned about being subjected to a law suet.
Old Jan 13th 2021, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You should be more concerned about being subjected to a law suet.
I reckon any judge would dismiss such claims as hogwash
Old Jan 14th 2021, 10:26 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Much healthier and could do a thing or two to combat the obesity crisis, which is a prime factor behind the massive surge in hospitalisation. Something like 80% of hospitalised COVID patients are classified obese.
That's the spirit. Chin up and look for the positives! This is what Britain needs, the wartime spirit! And powdered eggs and women rubbing gravy powder on their legs. Who needs money or fresh veg anyway.
Old Jan 14th 2021, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by captainflack
That's the spirit. Chin up and look for the positives! This is what Britain needs, the wartime spirit! And powdered eggs and women rubbing gravy powder on their legs. Who needs money or fresh veg anyway.
At least the women will smell better than the fake tan they use right now.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Happy New Year (and belated merry xmas)

My goal is to finally retire. Mrs UKCityGent has been 'stranded' in UK and given me the final ultimatum - her returning back or me transiting back. Her return would make things rather difficult since there was a mini-Mrs-UKCityGent !

So soon time to say sayonara !
I retired in May 2010. The best career move ever !
Old Mar 16th 2021, 8:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

How's everyone getting on so far this year then?
We're nearly at the end of Q1, how are those goals going?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Personally;
I want to continue losing some tub. Managed to drop about 12kgs in the latter part of the year and have put a couple back on over a guilt-free Chrimbo period. Target is another 5 from where I was, so about 7 to go from tomorrow onwards. I will achieve this by going back to the nice, calorie controlled, tasty diet that I was on and by introducing some morning exercise, starting with brisk walks / gentle jogs. I will start going to bed earlier to be up early to do this. Check(ish), I'm actually just back to where I was pre-Xmas, which is about the 12kgs lost since the high point last year. I have started walking / jogging in the mornings though, whilst it's utterly wank at 0615 when you get up, it's good afterwards.
I want to knuckle down a bit more at work by focusing better....actually set some short and medium term goals for myself and really step into some gaps I have found in my own performance and the business where we could improve. In progress. I'm waaaay too hard on myself, people seem pleased but I think I'm failing. I just need to worry less. I'm gifted.
I'd love to finally get married, a year and two postponements after the original date. And stop talking about it hopefully.
I will be less frivolous with cash, more focused on the savings I've invested and hope to see some exciting growth in the next 12 months. WAY better so far this year. Pissed away money a bit but savings are really pumping
I'll finish the Alan Carr book on quitting smoking. I've started it but only read the opening 5 or 6 chapters on what it's about. I'm going to read it properly and see what happens. Not picked it up yet.

I predict / guess / stick a finger in the air;
I think the rest of winter will be brutal with Covid, the UK will need another meaty lockdown I think but hopefully the vaccines will provide the light at the end of the tunnel people need. Scampstradamus strikes again.
I think the US will just be fascinating to watch as Biden comes in and Trump continues to bleat. Hopefully there's a move towards healing some of the nasty divides the country seems to have. Trump still bleating, Scampstradamus again.
Brexit, whilst a terrible idea, won't end up causing huge issues or massive price changes or trucks at borders or oranges from Seville in short supply, it will be a year of working shit out in some areas but mainly Sturgeon battering for another IndyRef. 3 from 3. The Brexit 'fallout' is all just bollocks both sides. Hot air and whinging and it's never going to end. Sturgeon will never stop chasing that referendum but hopefully a Scottish implosion of her and Salmond collapsing into a black hole will nip it for a while.
Saints will finish 9th and Liverpool will win the league, sadly. France or Portugal will win the Euros, England will be an exciting disappointment and hopefully Hamilton will win an 8th F1 title. Saints won't finish 9th and Liverpool are shit - very happy to be wrong on the latter one.

Anyone else got any goals or predictions?
Turns out you should all be asking me for lottery numbers.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Sturgeon and her cabal do not actually want a referendum. She and her husband are doing quite nicely thanks. She uses the referendum as a carrot to get votes. "Just give us another mnandate, and we will sort this out !" She is an agent of The British State.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
How's everyone getting on so far this year then?
We're nearly at the end of Q1, how are those goals going?

Turns out you should all be asking me for lottery numbers.
Saints were top of the league last time I checked* in November...still the case or have Liverpool risen to the top as predicted?

*that's a bare-faced lie I check all the time but hey - didn't they print tee-shirts celebrating the rise to the summit?

Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flares
Saints were top of the league last time I checked* in November...still the case or have Liverpool risen to the top as predicted?

*that's a bare-faced lie I check all the time but hey - didn't they print tee-shirts celebrating the rise to the summit?
One of those T-Shirts should be at my Dad's place waiting for me. #StopTheCount.

The last time we topped the table, I wasn't alive......so as tragic as it is, it's momentous for a small club fan
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Saints still not safe from the drop. Actually I think if you only pick up 4 points from the next 9 games as your current rate you're doomed. 18th place could well drop with 40 points with WBA and Sheff U well adrift.

My gut feeling is Newcastle will go.

and thanks for the three points over the weekend. Payback for that dreadful VAR decision in the return fixture that I had the pleasure to sit through as one of the 'lucky' 2,000 back in December. Up the Albion.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flares
Saints still not safe from the drop. Actually I think if you only pick up 4 points from the next 9 games as your current rate you're doomed. 18th place could well drop with 40 points with WBA and Sheff U well adrift.

My gut feeling is Newcastle will go.

and thanks for the three points over the weekend. Payback for that dreadful VAR decision in the return fixture that I had the pleasure to sit through as one of the 'lucky' 2,000 back in December. Up the Albion.
I think we're fine. We'll pick up points in the next few games against shit teams.
Brighton are probably just about fine, but will need a few more lucky wins like the weekend to scrape to safety.
Newcastle are ****ed, Burnley will probably be OK.

Sheff Utd and WBA are long gone and good riddance. Fulham might pull it off and if they do it's great for them, hopefully at the expense of Burnley or Newcastle - couldn't care less if either of those clubs just disappeared off the face of the earth.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm very pleased to say my prediction of a botched vaccine roll out was wrong. The other predictions (exam chaos, tax rises, UK not opening until August,, US coming out of it strong, EU a mess) all seem on track.

As for my resolutions:
- Continue working on my new side gig : going well
- Keep my head down in my current job, hoping to miss the redundancy cuts starting this month: managed to escape and the guy next to me took the fall. Next review is probably early 2022
- Support my wife with the back to work move and (hopefully) the move to a new career: she is back at work and back into the usual moaning about it. She seems to have forgotten about a new career.
- Get the balls rewired to prevent any more kids. Support and grow the ones I have: rewired, so there will be no future millhouses. The two new animals are thriving, the older animal now back at school and appears to be the only one to have done any work over the lockdown
- Continue the piano: two new pop songs done so far this year, about to start the next
Old Mar 16th 2021, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'm very pleased to say my prediction of a botched vaccine roll out was wrong. The other predictions (exam chaos, tax rises, UK not opening until August,, US coming out of it strong, EU a mess) all seem on track.

As for my resolutions:
- Continue working on my new side gig : going well
- Keep my head down in my current job, hoping to miss the redundancy cuts starting this month: managed to escape and the guy next to me took the fall. Next review is probably early 2022
- Support my wife with the back to work move and (hopefully) the move to a new career: she is back at work and back into the usual moaning about it. She seems to have forgotten about a new career.
- Get the balls rewired to prevent any more kids. Support and grow the ones I have: rewired, so there will be no future millhouses. The two new animals are thriving, the older animal now back at school and appears to be the only one to have done any work over the lockdown
- Continue the piano: two new pop songs done so far this year, about to start the next

Nice work

Bought the Mrs a keyboard for Xmas. If I hear the musical accompaniment to "And I guess that's why they call it the blues" and then the wrong notes for "Time on..." one more time in my life it will probably make my brain explode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.