Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

2001 Range Rover what do you think?

2001 Range Rover what do you think?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

pinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nice
Default Re: 2001 Range Rover what do you think?

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
well...he quite rightly ingored your advice, lol...

MM, xx

I'm on a tight budget, beggars can't be choosers. Let me know when you are having your next outing and you can all tell me what a mistake I made in person.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:01 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinebluffvariant
I'm on a tight budget, beggars can't be choosers. Let me know when you are having your next outing and you can all tell me what a mistake I made in person.
ah...cyber slapping isn't enough for you is it
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:52 am
W10

[QUOTE=pinebluffvariant;6096202]
Originally Posted by BlackCloud

It originally belonged to a Sheik from the Al Maktoum family (can't remember the whole name!)
That's usually a reason not to buy it!!!

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=W10;6099175]

That's usually a reason not to buy it!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

pinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nice

[QUOTE=Blue Cat;6099190]
Originally Posted by W10

Ok what joke am i missing here? The owner being a sheikh clearly means no expense has been spared on the car hence the lack of problems at age and mileage and even better there maybe gold bars under the seats.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=pinebluffvariant;6099256]
Originally Posted by Blue Cat

Ok what joke am i missing here? The owner being a sheikh clearly means no expense has been spared on the car hence the lack of problems at age and mileage and even better there maybe gold bars under the seats.
yeah whatever
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:47 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

The owner being a sheikh clearly means no expense has been spared on the car
If only that were true! The moment something breaks, the car just gets sold on - sheikhs don't pay for repairs. And the "fact" (do you have proper evidence?) that the car was owned by one of the Maktoums doesn't actually mean it was ever driven by one of them, or that they even knew they had it

Last edited by Eeyore; Mar 23rd 2008 at 10:50 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen to that auto expert on Radio 2(?) and buy Japanese for reliability.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:54 am
W10

[QUOTE=pinebluffvariant;6099256]
Originally Posted by Blue Cat

It usually means it was thrashed to bits and then moved on when they broke it, or got bored of it. They'll just buy a new one

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:26 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

[

Ok what joke am i missing here? The owner being a sheikh clearly means no expense has been spared on the car .
you do know how many sheiks there are in UAE dont you? its not quite the stamp of royalty you think it is these days.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandmom
you do know how many sheiks there are in UAE dont you? its not quite the stamp of royalty you think it is these days.
He probably used it to carry his horses...or camels...or harems.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:41 pm
W10

Indeed - the big Maktoums tend to crash around in G-Wagons, Lambos and SLRs

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy the thing and diddley to all the others ..
your money ..you spent it ...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
W10

I want to get my hands on one of those tricked up 20 year old Patrols or Landcruisers that the locals drive.

I quite fancy a 6 litre V8 truck engine powering my ageing 4x4.

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MataHari
ah...cyber slapping isn't enough for you is it
I am sure you will fall in love with it too if you see it with your own eyes. I have seen surveys which say that Range Rovers are seen as the most unreliable luxury 4x4s by owners but the same owners also say they are very satisfied by their Ranges. I can understand why...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.