Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

2 wives? Only for a month? Could be expensive!

2 wives? Only for a month? Could be expensive!

Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:38 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2 wives? Only for a month? Could be expensive!

Originally Posted by redShark
I’d come across a non-Muslim version of a similar story enacted by a very pretty Russian woman who did a similar thing to a very rich British celebrity guy, I actually forgot his name. Basically she met him in a party and in that party she managed to seduce him and got him to have a casual sex with her in a standing position (according to her) around some corner in that building. A few months later she called him up and told him that she was pregnant and that he was the lucky father. To cut a long story short, she got a court settlement of 2 millions pounds and a very generous monthly income for the born child.
So she was a hooker then?
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

In Islam, is the man not supposed to have the first wife's permission to marry another?

Seems to me that she asked to get married as as not to be a prostitute and a marriage contract that protects a woman's interests is common in Islam. He didn't honour the terms, so he had to pay out. He can't have it both ways.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I’d come across a non-Muslim version of a similar story enacted by a very pretty Russian woman who did a similar thing to a very rich British celebrity guy, I actually forgot his name. Basically she met him in a party and in that party she managed to seduce him and got him to have a casual sex with her in a standing position (according to her) around some corner in that building. A few months later she called him up and told him that she was pregnant and that he was the lucky father. To cut a long story short, she got a court settlement of 2 millions pounds and a very generous monthly income for the born child.

You mean, man has sex with a woman without considering the consequences, doesn't use birth control and has to pay the consequences? If it's his child he is responsible as he had sex with her voluntarily. She may have been available, but it really does take two to tango and he could have said no to sex with a stranger.

The way you word it you'd think he was a helpless little thing.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 6:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Fair play, he wanted it, he agreed in advance the "contract", she enforced the "contract" in a court of law.

As a man that we know is studying the law - what's your problem with this outcome?
If he had not intended the arrangement--marriage--to continue, none whatsoever.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
In Islam, is the man not supposed to have the first wife's permission to marry another?

Seems to me that she asked to get married as as not to be a prostitute and a marriage contract that protects a woman's interests is common in Islam. He didn't honour the terms, so he had to pay out. He can't have it both ways.
As far as I'm aware the first wife does not have to give her permission for her husband to marry anybody else. She does, however, get the right to divorce him if she's unhappy about it.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:25 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

His name was Harvey.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
The "Wife" is nothing more than a common prostitute.

She gave the guy a price, he accepted it. Agreed he shouldn't have taken it to court but shouldn't the hooker (as that is what she is) not have called wife 1.

Or maybe it was her plan to cash the cheque.

Scheming manipulative whore. End of.
A lot marriages are prostitution with only one client involved really...and I think the woman in the article is clearly one of them. That said the man is a complete idiot for agreeing to such lunacy...I suppose when you have an outdated view of marriage which essentially involves buying women and keeping them with trinkets and money this sort of thing is more common.

N.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:31 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

yes and no
Islam asks the man to be considerate to his wife, if she says no then a good man would not marry again
but if she is a crazy a$$, up at 3 in the morning fighting all the time, man eater, then I guess her refusal dont mean that much

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
That is the problem with a muttah marriage - sooner or later you have honor the contract
We arent sure that it was a muttah marriage mate since that only exists in shiaism not in sunnism (and the vast majority here are sunni so we cant be sure)

I think there is one point that is being missed by some here...after the consummation, SHE is the one who started asking for a divorce, knowing full well that he would have to honor the contract
when he refused, she went behind his back and stole his first wife's number from his mobile and then called her to make sure the situation blew up in his face, which it naturally did and he had no choice but to file for a divorce as he did not want to loose his marriage with the first wife
and the end result : she got exactly what she wanted a few days of sex and then a lot of money
Im with kix and all on this one, it was a well played game in the end, but she is a manipulative conniving ****
the guys fault : he is an idiot, should have kept it in his pants thats all
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:37 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper

This exactly. You can insult the woman as much as you like, but he's the idiot here.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:38 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Where prostitution is legal the woman's rights are also protected. This 'marriage' seems little more than an extended contract of prostitution with only one client...

...not that I care. People are free to sell themselves for benefits if they wish provided it's all consensual adults and all of that jazz.

N.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:41 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Where prostitution is legal the woman's rights are also protected. This 'marriage' seems little more than an extended contract of prostitution with only one client...

...not that I care. People are free to sell themselves for benefits if they wish provided it's all consensual adults and all of that jazz.

N.
True.

A woman is often damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, but if such narrowminded views of relationships didn't exist and everyone behaved with consideration for others we wouldn't have cases like this.

Yet again we see religion's obsession with sex.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:37 am
Hit 16's

True.

A woman is often damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, but if such narrowminded views of relationships didn't exist and everyone behaved with consideration for others we wouldn't have cases like this.

Yet again we see religion's obsession with sex.
And mine, but I'm playing it down just now.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Think you forgot to mention he shouted 40 love at the end?
Old Aug 14th 2013, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Think you forgot to mention he shouted 40 love at the end?
Yes, it was Boris Becker.

She worked in Nobu, and they sneaked into the cleaners cupboard, the daft bugger tried to deny it until the baby popped out and was the spitting image of him.

Cost him a good few million.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:38 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
yes and no
Islam asks the man to be considerate to his wife, if she says no then a good man would not marry again
but if she is a crazy a$$, up at 3 in the morning fighting all the time, man eater, then I guess her refusal dont mean that much

We arent sure that it was a muttah marriage mate since that only exists in shiaism not in sunnism (and the vast majority here are sunni so we cant be sure)

I think there is one point that is being missed by some here...after the consummation, SHE is the one who started asking for a divorce, knowing full well that he would have to honor the contract
when he refused, she went behind his back and stole his first wife's number from his mobile and then called her to make sure the situation blew up in his face, which it naturally did and he had no choice but to file for a divorce as he did not want to loose his marriage with the first wife
and the end result : she got exactly what she wanted a few days of sex and then a lot of money
Im with kix and all on this one, it was a well played game in the end, but she is a manipulative conniving ****

Spot on. I wonder how many times this actually happens though but as the blokes do not want the hassle or people finding out they just pay the woman to keep quiet?

I guess that makes her the world most expensive prostitute, a supermodel that way inclined would only cost 10k. (According to the news of the world in its day)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.