British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   2 Days in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/2-days-dubai-795331/)

Johnny Blaze Apr 27th 2013 12:59 pm

2 Days in Dubai

Hi All,
Long time lurker here, first poster..

Im currently living in Saudi and have to jump out of the country for a couple of days so I can get a new stamp in the passport.

Any suggestions on where to go and what to do for 2 days in Dubai?

Meow Apr 27th 2013 1:01 pm

Re: 2 Days in Dubai

Would you like to give us some clues as to where you'll be staying, what you like to do and your budget?

Not much point is reccommending a night in the Cavalli Club or The York Hotel if you'd rather go and see Justin Beiber...

Johnny Blaze Apr 27th 2013 1:08 pm

HAHA Justin Beiber... Hmmm No thank you :rofl:

Not sure yet on where I will be staying, Im still looking for hotels. I was thinking something like Shangri-la hotel.. Something with a decent view,its only for 2 days so Im not fussed about the hotel really.

Budget is not limited, there for a good time not a long time..

As I have never been to Dubai before, Im pretty much up for anything.. I guess I will be back there each 30 days of it's a good place.

I'm totally oblivious to what is in Dubai, I take it Bars, Night clubs, I dont mind either, as long as they sell real booze I will be a happy bunny.

mentalist Apr 27th 2013 2:08 pm

Sorry but your requirements are much too vague. We could recommend any of over twenty hotels, depending on your budget, food preference and whether girl friendly if you are looking to pull.

Blue Cat Apr 27th 2013 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze (Post 10680870)
HAHA Justin Beiber... Hmmm No thank you :rofl:

Not sure yet on where I will be staying, Im still looking for hotels. I was thinking something like Shangri-la hotel.. Something with a decent view,its only for 2 days so Im not fussed about the hotel really.

Budget is not limited, there for a good time not a long time..

As I have never been to Dubai before, Im pretty much up for anything.. I guess I will be back there each 30 days of it's a good place.

I'm totally oblivious to what is in Dubai, I take it Bars, Night clubs, I dont mind either, as long as they sell real booze I will be a happy bunny.

pick a five star, any of them, check in and enjoy :thumbup:

scot47 Apr 27th 2013 4:27 pm

Meet Scamp and go on a bender ?

Johnny Blaze Apr 27th 2013 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10680923)
Sorry but your requirements are much too vague. We could recommend any of over twenty hotels, depending on your budget, food preference and whether girl friendly if you are looking to pull.

Ok, So somewhere between 800 - 1000 AED per night for the hotel..
I eat anything.. Love Japanese food. any sort of Asian food really. Just need a bar thats well stocked in Whisky.

OleJanx Apr 27th 2013 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze (Post 10681057)
I eat anything.. Love Japanese food. any sort of Asian food really. Just need a bar thats well stocked in Whisky.

Anywhere will do. Just remember you can buy 4 litres on the way in, enough for a day and half long bender, I would have thought!:thumbup:

Eva Apr 27th 2013 9:37 pm

You could meet up with Beth Page Black...
Or a nice Dutch girl?:)

Patsy Stoned Apr 28th 2013 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze (Post 10681057)

If you want a beach hotel book either Al Qasr or Mina al Salam. You are close to the Madinat, there are 27 bars and restaurants there, that should keep you busy for the weekend. You will also get complimentary entrance to the Wild Wadi water park..enjoy your time, Dubai is a lovely place. :D

flares Apr 28th 2013 4:32 am

Ibis or Novotel in Deira is a good base. It's where a load of Riyadh based pals stayed when over for Rugby 7s

Johnny Blaze Apr 28th 2013 6:37 am

Thanks for the suggestions..
I like the sound of 27 bars..
But 4 Liters of booze might be over the top for even me. for 2 days. :D

Kix Apr 28th 2013 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze (Post 10681662)
Thanks for the suggestions..
I like the sound of 27 bars..
But 4 Liters of booze might be over the top for even me. for 2 days. :D

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of offers to share it.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 28th 2013 6:44 am

Shangri La is lush.

Got a Vientamese place (still yet to try) and a Chinese (very good)