British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The 1st Song you ever bought and 1 thing from today you wish you had as a Teen ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/1st-song-you-ever-bought-1-thing-today-you-wish-you-had-teen-510917/)

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 12:57 pm

The 1st Song you ever bought and 1 thing from today you wish you had as a Teen !

Just listening to Virgin Radio on-line, and today is "1st Friday" when people are calling in to get the 1st song they ever bought played......., so it got me thinking what mine was........?

Actually, I bought two 7" Singles that day from Woolworth's, "Don't Stop me Now" by Queen and "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees...sad I know but I thought I was the mutts nuts that day! :lol

One thing I wish I had as a Teen that I have today??? (apart from money !)

It would be a toss up between a Mobile Phone and an Ipod

The mobile phone because we didnt have a phone at home so had to use the local phone box, which invariably smely of p**s, the coin slot was jammed, or a few windows were broke, and the wind whistled in as you talked. I even went out with a girl once who also didnt have a home phone, so we'd arrange to call each other's phone box at a certain time....worked ok, unless some bugger was using it at the time !

The Ipod......, because it would have saved listening to the Top 40 every Sunday night with Tony Blackburn or DLT, pressing down "play and record" on the humungeous stereo system that domintated the lounge, to tape the songs ..............Happy Days though !

How about you lot ?

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:00 pm

Re: The 1st Song you ever bought and 1 thing from today you wish you had as a Teen !

It was an album from The Osmonds...
but I think before that I had a little cassete player and I recorded The year of the Cat by Al Steward and Rich Girl by Hall and Oates...

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:08 pm

Re: The 1st Song you ever bought and 1 thing from today you wish you had as a Teen !

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869444)
It was an album from The Osmonds...
but I think before that I had a little cassete player and I recorded The year of the Cat by Al Steward and Rich Girl by Hall and Oates...

And the one thing you have today that you wish you had when you were a teenager MH ?

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5869467)
And the one thing you have today that you wish you had when you were a teenager MH ?

I was avoiding that question...cause I have no idea...I am not one to think about things like that...

Inselaffen Feb 1st 2008 1:17 pm

electricity :rofl:
right back to digging that hole

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5869485)
electricity :rofl:
right back to digging that hole

I think we actually had that...and an indoors toilet...

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:20 pm

bigger breasts maybe...

Inselaffen Feb 1st 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869496)
bigger breasts maybe...

but just think of the back ache you have avoided since then!

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5869513)
but just think of the back ache you have avoided since then!

I know...I don't think I have missed out on a lot either...

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869480)
I was avoiding that question...cause I have no idea...I am not one to think about things like that...

Too difficult a queston was it ? .... No wonder, we struggle at the quiz night ! :rofl:

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869496)
bigger breasts maybe...

So are you saying you have them today, but wish you had them when you were a teenager ? :p

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5869536)
So are you saying you have them today, but wish you had them when you were a teenager ? :p

I have got bigger everything today...

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869552)
I have got bigger everything today...

Ah, the BatMobile you mean !:p

Madam Medusa Feb 1st 2008 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5869439)
Actually, I bought two 7" Singles that day from Woolworth's, "Don't Stop me Now" by Queen and "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees...sad I know but I thought I was the mutts nuts that day! :lol

oh dear...now you are really admitting it...

Smiths and Mozza was my first singles of course...

MM, xx

Live for now Feb 1st 2008 2:54 pm

A 'Free' album was the first I bought, now Im giving my age away, as for things from today in my teens I would say a computer and things not to have a bloody mobile phone!