1970s American movies

Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1970s American movies

Delete that 1980s thread........ if you are too young to have lived through the movies (and music) of the 1970s, you have my sympathy..............

The Dirty Harry movies
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets
Serpico
The Godfather series
The French Connection
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Network
The Conversation
The Spielberg stuff (Jaws, Close Encounters)
Star Wars
The Outlaw Josey Wales

........... more to follow..........
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:40 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1970s American movies

Originally Posted by The Dean
Delete that 1980s thread........ if you are too young to have lived through the movies (and music) of the 1970s, you have my sympathy..............

The Dirty Harry movies
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets
Serpico
The Godfather series
The French Connection
Network
The Conversation
Star Wars
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Best movie decade period.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Italian Job- was that the 70's?
Old Aug 10th 2012, 8:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Dirty Harry movies while the missus was away...fantastic stuff.

N.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Way of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
Chinatown
Python stuff
Deer Hunter
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Italian Job- was that the 70's?
Nope!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:34 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean

The Dirty Harry movies
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets
Serpico
The Godfather series
The French Connection
Network
The Conversation
Star Wars
The Outlaw Josey Wales

Wow, can't add much to that list. Maybe Harold & Maude (young guy /old lady romance - offbeat and quirky but in a good way) and Woody Allen's early funny ones...
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

'Nashville' directed by Robert Altman...Brilliant movie, absolute time capsule of 1975 in Tennessee.

IMDb
This movie tells the intersecting stories of various people connected to the music business in Nashville. Barbara Jean is the reigning queen of Nashville but is near collapse. Linnea and Delbert Reese have a shaky marriage and 2 deaf children. Opal is a British journalist touring the area. These and other stories come together in a dramatic climax. Written by Reid Gagle
Old Aug 10th 2012, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

While I do not meet the age qualification criteria for this thread, I also appreciate that the qualifying posters are likely to have age related dementia. As such, I would like to remind you porridge eating, worthers sucking oldies about the classic 1971 film, Duel.

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 10th 2012 at 12:02 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Grease and Saturday Night Fever!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Apocalypse Now!

Robert Duvall made it for me....and spot the very young Morpheus!
Old Aug 10th 2012, 5:08 pm