Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

1943 Guide to Hiring Women

1943 Guide to Hiring Women

Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1943 Guide to Hiring Women

During WWII, a US-based company - Western Properties - recruited women to replace the men who had gone away to fight in the war.

They published an 11-point-plan as a guide to other companies thinking of doing the same thing........... and as I always say, looking for 'female weaknesses' is SOOOO important.........
Attached Thumbnails 1943 Guide to Hiring Women-women-1943-hiring-guide.bmp  
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 1943 Guide to Hiring Women

Reminds me of:
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1943 Guide to Hiring Women

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
During WWII, a US-based company - Western Properties - recruited women to replace the men who had gone away to fight in the war.

They published an 11-point-plan as a guide to other companies thinking of doing the same thing........... and as I always say, looking for 'female weaknesses' is SOOOO important.........
Are you one of those Female Supremacy/Women's Lib people???
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
Are you one of those Female Supremacy/Women's Lib people???
If that's a serious question...... well, let me put it this way:

Everywhere in the world where there is some degree of sexual equality for girls in education and for women in employment (and yes, ladies, I know it's not perfect anywhere), population growth is stable or growing at a manageable rate.

The only places in the world where population growth is rocketing (with averages in excess of say five babies per woman), are societies where women are treated as third-class citizens, or mere 'possessions' of either husbands or fathers. Not much else to do apart from get pregnant - although that of course tends to be the decision of a husband (irrespective of whether the woman wants to get pregnant or not).

Women with independence, and their own income, find (shock!) that they can choose the kind of lifestyle they wish to pursue - and that is often a working career.......... and they sometimes never have babies, or have them later, and only have one or two..............

Fair enough?
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

If that's a serious question...... well, let me put it this way:

Everywhere in the world where there is some degree of sexual equality for girls in education and for women in employment (and yes, ladies, I know it's not perfect anywhere), population growth is stable or growing at a manageable rate.

The only places in the world where population growth is rocketing (with averages in excess of say five babies per woman), are societies where women are treated as third-class citizens, or mere 'possessions' of either husbands or fathers. Not much else to do apart from get pregnant - although that of course tends to be the decision of a husband (irrespective of whether the woman wants to get pregnant or not).

Women with independence, and their own income, find (shock!) that they can choose the kind of lifestyle they wish to pursue - and that is often a working career.......... and they sometimes never have babies, or have them later, and only have one or two..............

Fair enough?
If I was a woman I would've been so turned on by your post...
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
If I was a woman I would've been so turned on by your post...
My avatar always gets turned on by my posts........
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My avatar always gets turned on by my posts........
I'm sure it does...
Old Aug 30th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

...slightly later guide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOxGRuKFwJg

there are some excellent gems of social history on you tube - just search "public information films". The 50's are the best... how to be a good housewife, how to recogise homosexuality and of course, women at work...