Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

13 Aussies arrested in Dubai collapse

13 Aussies arrested in Dubai collapse

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:59 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 13 Aussies arrested in Dubai collapse

[QUOTE=mantronic;7336706]Know them? Putting their proverbial noses in it is my hobby!

Dont mind if I use that term do you?

Karma sent!

Anyway here is the second report in a day.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/develope...0302-8m59.html

Developer denies Dubai arrest
March 2, 2009 - 4:38PM
A development company part-owned by James Packer denies one of its employees has been arrested in Dubai over a bribery scandal, saying he is simply acting as a witness in the investigation.

Three property industry heavyweights are among 13 Australians under arrest in Dubai over the property-related allegations.

mantronic, keep your eye on the ball, yeah?

counter article published here... http://www.theage.com.au/world/sunla...0302-8mc5.html
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice

Originally Posted by still.unsure
ah, you're forgetting the aussie blindness. basically, nothing happens in the world until it has happened to an aussie. an example being the bali bombings. horrific thing to happen, a lot of innocent people were killed irrespective of their nationality/religion/ethnicity/whatever, yet somehow, the aussie media only managed to capture that "australian's were killed" in the event and outpoured all this grief about it. even the indochine tsunami was reported that way. i'm not sure the aussies have this particular identity blindness cornered (the yanks come to mind) but they've got it pretty well perfected. (by the way, chapelle corby was 'innocent' because she's an aussie and those sinister indo courts had it in for her. *sigh* - sorry, should stop now before i start sounding like mantronic! )
wow, did an aussie refuse to have sex with you
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:32 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manwithnoname
wow, did an aussie refuse to have sex with you
( - like that one!)

no, spent far too long there and am easily irked by people who claim that their country is the only possible country to live in. that kind of tunnel vision...
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
The reason I said "muslims" is because Islam claims to value human life yet these so called "muslims" don't.
Prison is not an Islamic punishment to begin with. Besides, you would be ridiculous if you think they'd actually hold someone indefinitely without a trial unless they were in Guantanamo.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Simao
Prison is not an Islamic punishment to begin with.
Read my follow up comment. I am not "islamicising" anything here. Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:38 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

mantronic please do not cut and paste whole copyrighted articles from elsewhere onto this site.

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

do any of you know the men in question i know people who have worked with matt joyce and they cannot believe that he had anything to do with this, and face is being saved.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:49 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
do any of you know the men in question i know people who have worked with matt joyce and they cannot believe that he had anything to do with this, and face is being saved.
But do you know him?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
But do you know him?
why do you want me to associate myself with him, no not personally but i do know a man who does
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

The Sunland MD is of Iranian origin...Nuff said...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:00 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
plenty of people know them and would have dealt with them regularly
why?

Last edited by Slingshot; Mar 3rd 2009 at 6:13 pm. Reason: because *********