Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The 10 year old supermodel

The 10 year old supermodel

Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 10 year old supermodel

Now this is a story that is slowly getting more attention.

As the cover of French Vogue (the adult one not the kids one), this 10 year old Thylane Blondeau is being tipped to be the next big thing. She has been styled like a mini adult and has caused a bit of an uproar. Is it right? She would have had a chaperone with her by the way and I am sure noone was lining up coke in front of her.

I'm torn, I like the images, I think there is a sense of irony in there, however I also know what the industry is like and think 10 is very young to be on a shoot of that nature. Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell both started at 13 and at 10 a young girl could be shooting plenty of kids product. Shed probably be too young to shoot for teen Vogue- so is it right that shes being used in this manner?

Any thoughts kids? You can see the images at the below link.

http://www.wazzup2day.com/articles/1...k6iak.facebook

and an article here
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/kids...805-1if5n.html
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 10 year old supermodel

georgous kid, the first image is lovely, the second one depicting her as a woman is not so good. I think I have more issue with the Americans who do that dressing up their 4 years and parading them about though
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:17 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I read an article about this yesterday. It's one thing for children to be modelling, properly supervised, but quite another to portray them as mini-adults. I don't like it at all. Childhood is short enough as it is these days.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking for the words to voice my unease over this. You found them.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:43 pm
Banned

LetMeRide is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait-Hold on now people before we get all upset over nothing. The kid has probably been dressed like that for about an hour in her entire life, and I doubt the little girls mother told her she's an adult now, so act like it. More likely saying "shut up while we take these pictures". And I'm sure they wiped off the makeup and all went out for a Happy Meal and a Disney movie afterwards..
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I do not like it at all. Totally wrong for a 10 year old.
I also severely dislike the use of children for cosmetic/face cream ads.

In general, I find it gives a very wrong idea about image to those children.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:49 pm
Banned

I don't like it either but I liked the Smuggled Baby Camel Jocks even less. There are kids in worse situations than this child in the pitures. Ya gotta prioritize your outrage people.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LetMeRide
I don't like it either but I didnt like the Smuggled Baby Camel Jocks either. There are kids in worse situations than this child in the pitures. Ya gotta prioritize your outrage people.
Well, this thread is about child modelling, non?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:53 pm
Banned

This is way down on the list of my concerns. I mean near the bottom.

Way down there
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is way down on the list of my concerns. I mean near the bottom.

Way down there
That's cool. Then maybe those who have a bit more interest in it should continue talking about it?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:01 pm
Banned

Ok.

Are you ladies equally disturbed by grown women dressing as little girls? I know my wife is. I asked her to shave, put her hair in pigtails and wear a catholics school girl dress once. She went beserk. It was so long ago that I don't remember exactly what she said but it started with "is that what you want!?"
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok.

Are you ladies equally disturbed by grown women dressing as little girls? I know my wife is. I asked her to shave, put her hair in pigtails and wear a catholics school girl dress once. She went beserk. It was so long ago that I don't remember exactly what she said but it started with "is that what you want!?"
And then what happened?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feed the troll.

This is what he does, joins, then posts a load of rubbish to wind people up. It's not worth the effort of putting your fingers to the keyboard to respond to him ... honestly.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sue
Don't feed the troll.

This is what he does, joins, then posts a load of rubbish to wind people up. It's not worth the effort of putting your fingers to the keyboard to respond to him ... honestly.
Was just about to say, it's the funny American who keeps getting deleted.....I find him somewhat entertaining, actually...I have a unusual sense of humour, I guess
Old Aug 7th 2011, 4:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Was just about to say, it's the funny American who keeps getting deleted.....I find him somewhat entertaining, actually...I have a unusual sense of humour, I guess
It's alright to start but he soon wears out his welcome. His entertainment value is very short lived

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.