Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

10 things that pissed me off this week!!

10 things that pissed me off this week!!

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice
Default Re: 10 things that pissed me off this week!!

haha subway. There is one time I called these guys (their restaurant is just behind my building and I was too lazy to go down and get one) and I spent like 10min with the guy trying just to "describe" my building because "the one behind your restaurant" is not good enough and since my building doesn't have any shops/stores of any kind in the ground floor I used the building's colors which was also not enough then I moved on the describe adjacent buildings which only resulted on a misunderstanding from the guy thinking I live in one of those adjacent buildings until I finally snapped and, went down to the stupid restaurant and dragged the stupid guy and pointed to my building...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:48 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simao
haha subway. There is one time I called these guys (their restaurant is just behind my building and I was too lazy to go down and get one) and I spent like 10min with the guy trying just to "describe" my building because "the one behind your restaurant" is not good enough and since my building doesn't have any shops/stores of any kind in the ground floor I used the building's colors which was also not enough then I moved on the describe adjacent buildings which only resulted on a misunderstanding from the guy thinking I live in one of those adjacent buildings until I finally snapped and, went down to the stupid restaurant and dragged the stupid guy and pointed to my building...
Have to admit, if I heard that one sentence down a phone line, I probably wouldnt understand you either.... Some punctuation might have ameliorated the situation...lol
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't speak to anyone now apart from the pizza place in the marina who store your location on their computer, and the lovely lady speaks excellent English. I have needed some new curtains for 4 months, I can't bring myself to ring the guy to come because it will involve 20 phone calls about the location. My decorator has been flown in from the UK!! is it worth it, yes!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:52 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Two things pissed me off this week...

1. Car wouldn't start - now fixed. ...
2. Couldn't register online for the new ID cards...now have to go to Post Office to get form to fill in.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I would have smacked you round the chops with a bottle of southwest sauce if you'd dragged me out....
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Have to admit, if I heard that one sentence down a phone line, I probably wouldnt understand you either.... Some punctuation might have ameliorated the situation...lol
the thing what pisses me off is that my building is EXACTLY behind them!! Why can't they store the location like PizzaHut or something.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I would have smacked you round the chops with a bottle of southwest sauce if you'd dragged me out....
haha well I didn't "literarly" dragged him it was more like "come I"ll show you".
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

haha well I didn't "literarly" dragged him it was more like "come I"ll show you".
I love subway me, foot long meatball sandwich, mmmmm!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:04 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

the thing what pisses me off is that my building is EXACTLY behind them!! Why can't they store the location like PizzaHut or something.
Becos your'e probably the only lazyarse in such close proximity and it would not be a cost effective reference to have.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:06 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 10 things that pissed me off this week!!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
probably living out here is getting increasingly difficult I have to say, but I still prefer it to Blighty
Is this you:

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes that is me, you have no idea how right you are
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

but it is getting harder, the traffic is a nightmare, getting anything done is a mental challenge and the best of times, but I just keep my positive head and think, hey the sun is shining, my rent is cheap and have a great husband and daughter, oh and the fags and vodka are cheap too
thats it pet, at times it drives u mental but you gotta look at the pluses to hey, to keep you sane
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by annacarna
thats it pet, at times it drives u mental but you gotta look at the pluses to hey, to keep you sane
just returned from my daughters golf lesson at Emirates, life is good
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 10 things that pissed me off this week!!

yes that is me, you have no idea how right you are

Now, cup of tea?

Edit: Or should that be a saucer of milk?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Charismatic
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...thbun-5000.jpg

Now, cup of tea?

Edit: Or should that be a saucer of milk?
tissues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.