British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   1 in 3 British Women Will HaveAn Abortion In Their Lifetime....?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/1-3-british-women-will-havean-abortion-their-lifetime-669016/)

TGFKASE May 20th 2010 7:19 am

1 in 3 British Women Will HaveAn Abortion In Their Lifetime....??

Is it just me or is that particular statistic a little hard to believe.....

Link here...

Inselaffen May 20th 2010 7:29 am

Re: 1 in 3 British Women Will HaveAn Abortion In Their Lifetime....??

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8577794)
Is it just me or is that particular statistic a little hard to believe.....

Link here...

based on stats no doubt. so some women having numerous abortions will skew the results

Bahtatboy May 20th 2010 7:44 am

76.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

shikra May 20th 2010 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8577835)
76.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Humm, interesting. Let us have a poll of British girls here, how many of you (British girls) had an abortion?

TGFKASE May 20th 2010 8:01 am

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah...

Come on, girls...

We're waiting...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brains1983 May 20th 2010 8:03 am

i think this is a bad idea. not exactly something you normally shout from the rafters and totally inappropriate...

shikra May 20th 2010 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 8577866)
i think this is a bad idea. not exactly something you normally shout from the rafters and totally inappropriate...

Come on Brains, we won't be taking it as 'fun', let us be serious and try to confirm the facts. Girls, proceed please we want to know. :confused:

kittycat1 May 20th 2010 8:38 am

I personally have never had an abortion- I am a safety girl, however amongst my friends, college mates etc I would say this statistic is possible. Personally i think if you are responsible enough to have sex then you should be responsible enough to deal with the consequences. Abortion isn't as easy as people think, some of the girls I know have real baggage through choosing an abortion.

I know one girl who had 7 as she was alergic to latex and she couldn't take the pill for various reasons so she used abortion as her form of contraceptive- luckily for her she was still able to concieve when she chose to- they used to say ( I don't know if this is still true) that more than 3 abortions effects your fertility! I also have one friend who had an abortion but had complications, she is now infertile.

For every one that has had an abortion I would say I have the same number of friends who have struggled or are unable to have kids, - kind of ironic.

Roadking May 20th 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8577904)
Come on Brains, we won't be taking it as 'fun', let us be serious and try to confirm the facts. Girls, proceed please we want to know. :confused:

Shikra, you seem to be using the forum to feed you fantasies. First the size of ladies breasts and now how many have had abortions. How would you react if people asked your wife/daughter/mother/sister the self same questions on a forum?

Or how would they react if they saw your posts?

Or don't you allow your female relatives access to public forums?

shikra May 20th 2010 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8577965)
Shikra, you seem to be using the forum to feed you fantasies. First the size of ladies breasts and now how many have had abortions. How would you react if people asked your wife/daughter/mother/sister the self same questions on a forum?

Or how would they react if they saw your posts?

Or don't you allow your female relatives access to public forums?

Wow, am I the only one asking the size of breast here? If the concerned person has no problem in telling, what the hell is your problem?

Abortion is something serious, and I just felt that the girls here can give their input from where we can see how far the statistics are correct. What a cheap word you have used to describe it, 'fantasy' !!

Bahtatboy May 20th 2010 9:39 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8577915)
I know one girl who had 7 as she was alergic to latex and she couldn't take the pill for various reasons so she used abortion as her form of contraceptive- luckily for her she was still able to concieve when she chose to.

I'm glad you qualified that with "luckily for her", Kittycat. Whatever anyone's views on abortion, surely you can't escape without at least some lingering doubt that terminating a life is in some way wrong. Doing it seven times coz you can't be arsed to take precautions evidences a complete lack of conscience. I'm no advocate of eugenics, but what moral standards is she going to impart to her children?

Not have a go, Kittycat, just IMHO.

Roadking May 20th 2010 10:07 am

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8577983)
Wow, am I the only one asking the size of breast here? If the concerned person has no problem in telling, what the hell is your problem?

Abortion is something serious, and I just felt that the girls here can give their input from where we can see how far the statistics are correct. What a cheap word you have used to describe it, 'fantasy' !!

I hear what you are saying but you are the only one "personalising' this. No-one else asks such blatant questions. Yes, we do have a laugh and joke but your questions could be construed as a bit intrusive.

shikra May 20th 2010 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8578072)
I hear what you are saying but you are the only one "personalising' this. No-one else asks such blatant questions. Yes, we do have a laugh and joke but your questions could be construed as a bit intrusive.

Somebody just asked Matahari to show her boobs (as a joke of course), should I comment him in the same way as you just did?
Please don't sound ridiculous !

Bahtatboy May 20th 2010 10:17 am

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8578089)
Somebody just asked Matahari to show her boobs (as a joke of course), should I comment him in the same way as you just did?
Please don't sound ridiculous !

I thought you'd decided not to debate anything any more? Didn't last long! Welcome back!;)

shikra May 20th 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8578091)
I thought you'd decided not to debate anything any more? Didn't last long! Welcome back!;)

I decided not to give any input to 'that' thread only :)

Do you want me to be quiet throughout? :(