1.26 and falling

Old Jan 18th 2017, 5:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: 1.26 and falling

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
So, other than that (LL) comment, you agree with me then?
I didn't bother reading any further. I assume the rest was just your own conjecture?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 6:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just shows what the "Professionals" know eh.

Probably liberal lefties, well (Scamp and Meow I mean you two in particular), the Populous has had enough of your integration, world economy bollocks, we've had enough of your integration, we've had enough of losing our (And I don't just mean the UK's) morals being decimated, we've had enough of the fact that a guy who told a pro-remainer on twitter that she should be shot was jailed, and yet another that told a pro brexit she needed to be "raped with a machete" went unpunished, we've had enough of the ghettos, the political correctness.

Your experiment has failed, and failed big time. Get used to it and Shut The ***** Up.

What nonsense.

If you want right wing and isolationist go and live in the UK. A spiteful attack on here is pointless and just makes you look like a twat.

To suggest that people who make threats as keyboard warriors on social media are arbiters of all at a certain end of a political spectrum is ridiculous. Shall I remind you that it was a right wing Brexit type who shot and killed Jo Cox? Rather harsher than an online threat.

Political correctness is simply about being considerate and not abusing minorities. That some idiots have hijacked it doesn't make being decent a bad thing.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lightandbitter2
Yep, TM didn't come out with any nasty surprises. But more to do with Trump mouthing off that the strong dollar was hurting US economy
that doesn't explain the gains it made against the Euro yesterday!
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not get too excited.

It is trading at 1.23. Which is lower than it was a week ago.

We are not on the cusp of the third Industrial Revolution.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:30 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
What nonsense.

If you want right wing and isolationist go and live in the UK.
So when May said (whilst standing behind a plinth with the legend 'Global Britain') 'the best friend and neighbour to our European partners, but a country that reaches beyond the borders of Europe too' you interpret that as being isolationist?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Fossildog
So when May said (whilst standing behind a plinth with the legend 'Global Britain') 'the best friend and neighbour to our European partners, but a country that reaches beyond the borders of Europe too' you interpret that as being isolationist?
Technically, you can argue there's truth in it.

I'm constantly told / reminded that the 'majority' voted for Brexit and many of those cite the immigration etc as key to their decision.

Ergo, by not taking any huge leaps you can reasonably call the majority of the 'majority' isolationist, no?

Just being technical, of course.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:54 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Technically, you can argue there's truth in it.

I'm constantly told / reminded that the 'majority' voted for Brexit and many of those cite the immigration etc as key to their decision.

Ergo, by not taking any huge leaps you can reasonably call the majority of the 'majority' isolationist, no?

Just being technical, of course.

I don't think putting sufficient controls in place to limit migration can be defined as isolationism. If that was the case every country that has immigration controls could be described as such.

The dictionary definition of isolationism is:

a person favouring a policy of remaining apart from the affairs or interests of other groups, especially the political affairs of other countries.

What May outlined in her speech was the opposite of this, a vision for the UK to be involved with not just countries belonging to the EU but also the wider world. Actually an expansion of our interests.

Last edited by Fossildog; Jan 18th 2017 at 8:02 am.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:00 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Just shows what the "Professionals" know eh.

Probably liberal lefties, well (Scamp and Meow I mean you two in particular), the Populous has had enough of your integration, world economy bollocks, we've had enough of your integration, we've had enough of losing our (And I don't just mean the UK's) morals being decimated, we've had enough of the fact that a guy who told a pro-remainer on twitter that she should be shot was jailed, and yet another that told a pro brexit she needed to be "raped with a machete" went unpunished, we've had enough of the ghettos, the political correctness.

Your experiment has failed, and failed big time. Get used to it and Shut The ***** Up.
Is this a wind up or what you genuinely feel?
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:06 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

'the best friend and neighbour to our European partners, but a country that reaches beyond the borders of Europe too' you interpret that as being isolationist?
Sounds like a knock back to me, I just want to be your best friend etc.

Next up will be the classics 'it's not you, it's me' 'can we see other people?'

Last edited by weasel decentral; Jan 18th 2017 at 8:09 am.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

What nonsense.

If you want right wing and isolationist go and live in the UK. A spiteful attack on here is pointless and just makes you look like a twat.

To suggest that people who make threats as keyboard warriors on social media are arbiters of all at a certain end of a political spectrum is ridiculous. Shall I remind you that it was a right wing Brexit type who shot and killed Jo Cox? Rather harsher than an online threat.

Political correctness is simply about being considerate and not abusing minorities. That some idiots have hijacked it doesn't make being decent a bad thing.
So it's OK that someone who "threatens" to kill a pro remain MP who was crying at the result is arrested, but someone who says they want to "Rape with a machete" a brexit agreeing is OK do you?

You continue to live in your lefty Liberal world of yesterday, you'll soon be dinosaurs.

And yes Weasel, it is what I think.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I was replying to IKNowNothing and his unpleasant rant but it does seem rather isolationist and arrogant. Being part of the EU doesn't stop the UK having other trading partners.

It's all a bit "fog in Channel, continent cut off" to not want to be part of Europe. The UK just isn't as big and important as it would like to think. We have merits for sure, but the 'glory days' of empire are long gone and aren't coming back just because some people seem to want them too.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:16 am
Bored liberal

So it's OK that someone who "threatens" to kill a pro remain MP who was crying at the result is arrested, but someone who says they want to "Rape with a machete" a brexit agreeing is OK do you?

You continue to live in your lefty Liberal world of yesterday, you'll soon be dinosaurs.

And yes Weasel, it is what I think.
Who says any of it is okay? Don't be even more of an idiot by making things up.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:20 am
Bored liberal

Using the word liberal as insult says a lot.

liberal
adjective
willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
"liberal views towards divorce"
(of education) concerned with broadening a person's general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.
"the provision of liberal adult education"
synonyms: wide-ranging, broad-based, general, humanistic
"the provision of liberal adult education"

If you think that having an open mind and accepting others is a bad thing that that just makes you a bigot.

bigot
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:29 am
...---...

I was replying to IKNowNothing and his unpleasant rant but it does seem rather isolationist and arrogant. Being part of the EU doesn't stop the UK having other trading partners.

It's all a bit "fog in Channel, continent cut off" to not want to be part of Europe. The UK just isn't as big and important as it would like to think. We have merits for sure, but the 'glory days' of empire are long gone and aren't coming back just because some people seem to want them too.
Being in the EU does prevent the UK from having free trade deals with other countries!

Also, I don't equate being in the EU and being part of Europe as the same thing. We can, and will remain, part of Europe once we leave the EU. As far as I am aware (and I do appreciate there were some wild claims flying around before the referendum) nobody claimed that leaving the EU would result in the UK no longer being part of Europe. We will still be able to, despite what is posted on Facebook, enjoy the best our European neighbours have in terms of food and culture whilst having the freedom to trade with whoever we like. Sounds like a win/win to me.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:29 am
Knee deep and rising

bigot
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.
Oh the irony....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.