Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

‘Pink’ parking in KSA

‘Pink’ parking in KSA

Old Jul 4th 2018, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: ‘Pink’ parking in KSA

Originally Posted by Millhouse
why does it bother you?
Because they park like total ***** - for example, couldn't get in my car one day because they'd parked so close.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Because they park like total ***** - for example, couldn't get in my car one day because they'd parked so close.

At MOE i had some fool park sideways in a space. I had get in through the passenger side ( not very dignified for a lady) when i got home i realised that he had banged my drivers door and left all his lovely burgundy paint all over my car
Why cant people park straight and between the lines.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by reddiva
At MOE i had some fool park sideways in a space. I had get in through the passenger side ( not very dignified for a lady) when i got home i realised that he had banged my drivers door and left all his lovely burgundy paint all over my car
Why cant people park straight and between the lines.
I've had the same and trust me, it wasn't dignified for a man either. MoE spaces are probably the worst in Dubai though aren't they.

It's one of those things that Millhouse would probably (correctly) point out you can't change or do anything about so shouldn't let it upset you. However, I spent a lot of money on my car and just wish people would be more respectful of other people's things. Banging a car door against someone else's car is just so arrogant, rude and unnecessary. You wouldn't walk up to someone and draw on their shirt or kick their front door.

Anyway, the space next to me actually has a barrier thing in it, which would be even funnier - I'm going to see if it still works as it's always been flat. Pop that up and forever have an empty spot next door, that's the dream.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

MoE spaces are probably the worst in Dubai though aren't they.
No, that'd be Madinat Jumeirah. Simply awful parking down there.

I quickly noticed that there's a strong correlation between parking closer to the entry with parking mishaps. At MoE I always went straight to the roof or to the back. It's only a few extra minutes' walk.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I quickly noticed that there's a strong correlation between parking closer to the entry with parking mishaps. At MoE I always went straight to the roof or to the back. It's only a few extra minutes' walk.
Ah, the madinat parking. Last time I drove there I waited patiently, indicating, for a family to load up and leave. As they pulled out some **** swung the wrong way and straight into the space, never happened to me before, was a great opportunity to do something cool like block him in and take a cab home but instead I just cracked the window, shouted some abuse and got some horn action in and went off looking for another space.

Anyway, agree. I always park miles away and try to find 'end' spaces so at least it can only be banged on one side.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ‘Pink’ parking in KSA

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

This wasn't near the entrance ( which enraged me more) When i first got my car i was parked in the spaces outside the petrol station shop bit. I went in and when a came out a clapped out old Beemer was badly parked next to me and the driver was sat in the car with his door wide open resting on my passenger door. There was a massive scratch on my door and he was sat on his phone. I walked around to the passenger side and slammed his door shut. Obviously he got out of the car gobbing off until a local who had witnessed the whole thing stepped in and shut him down. Police came and tore a strip off him for the damage. Even the policeman remarked that my car was less than a week old
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

clapped out old Beemer
Sounds like someone from the Levant. They have a fetish for old Beemers. Dudes making 2500 a month buying a 15 year old Beemer or Merc and plastering some sort of Arabic message on the rear window.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I take your marinat parking and raise you a Wild Wadi- dragon mart combo
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:44 am
Account Closed

This wasn't near the entrance ( which enraged me more) When i first got my car i was parked in the spaces outside the petrol station shop bit. I went in and when a came out a clapped out old Beemer was badly parked next to me and the driver was sat in the car with his door wide open resting on my passenger door. There was a massive scratch on my door and he was sat on his phone. I walked around to the passenger side and slammed his door shut. Obviously he got out of the car gobbing off until a local who had witnessed the whole thing stepped in and shut him down. Police came and tore a strip off him for the damage. Even the policeman remarked that my car was less than a week old
Parked at Yas Island for the grand prix, on some grass but organised parking and left fair room. Car pulls up next to us, not that close but not that far either, so I just politely wait.
Some **** lets the front door swing open straight against my car. I hop out and in utter disbelief asked if he was ****ing joking? He was on the phone and waved me away saying - "it's ok, it's no problem".
My Mummy had to actually hold onto me. I was seething. Arrogant ****.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Parked at Yas Island for the grand prix, on some grass but organised parking and left fair room. Car pulls up next to us, not that close but not that far either, so I just politely wait.
Some **** lets the front door swing open straight against my car. I hop out and in utter disbelief asked if he was ****ing joking? He was on the phone and waved me away saying - "it's ok, it's no problem".
My Mummy had to actually hold onto me. I was seething. Arrogant ****.

I would of waited until he left and then done something bad ( you can guess the rest)
Old Jul 4th 2018, 11:22 am
Account Closed

I would of waited until he left and then done something bad ( you can guess the rest)
It wasn't his car, it was an Uber (or similar Lexus).

I'm angry now just thinking about it.