Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

****** and ******** - is shooting too good for them?

****** and ******** - is shooting too good for them?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default Re: ****** and Partners - is shooting too good for them?

Originally Posted by Meow
Really?? Tailored in that they picked a few funds. That company never put together decent portfolio. I have had to fix far too many.

Hardly anyone out here should have a plan that is long term as offshore schemes are not suitable when you return to the UK. The longer the plan term the more the commission to the salesperson.

I'll make another guess. They told you you could cancel it after 18 months. (That's nonsense by the way.)

-

Seriously they're not bad. Savings plan with higher yield than a regular deposit account.

Plus... remebering that the debate we're having is about annoying salesman; people also complain about car, fitted kitchen or double glazing salesman, but they still buy all those products.

LOL
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:51 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Utterly duped.

-
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Really?? Tailored in that they picked a few funds. That company never put together decent portfolio. I have had to fix far too many.

Hardly anyone out here should have a plan that is long term as offshore schemes are not suitable when you return to the UK. The longer the plan term the more the commission to the salesperson.

I'll make another guess. They told you you could cancel it after 18 months. (That's nonsense by the way.)

-
Many years ago, I had a Royal Skandia savings plan arranged by a seemingly genuine broker........ but the broker sold out to DVAP.

Royal Skandia are, I heard, taking legal action against DVAP based on misrepresentation, namely '...but my broker said I would be able to...' (you prob know more about that than I do).
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Utterly duped.

-

ok, lets pretend I was duped 17-months ago. Next month I can terminate and get all my brass back, presumably...!?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
ok, lets pretend I was duped 17-months ago. Next month I can terminate and get all my brass back, presumably...!?
'... but my broker said I'd be able to...'
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Dean
'... but my broker said I'd be able to...'

OK, dont really know what ur trying to say
Old Oct 8th 2009, 7:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You'd get nothing.

My final guess - it's a Friends Provident International plan. These have zero surender value for the first 18 months. No regular premium savings plan offer a money back guarantee.

-
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Many years ago, I had a Royal Skandia savings plan arranged by a seemingly genuine broker........ but the broker sold out to DVAP.

Royal Skandia are, I heard, taking legal action against DVAP based on misrepresentation, namely '...but my broker said I would be able to...' (you prob know more about that than I do).
I also have probably the same plan done with those chaps whose name rhymes with Sundial...

Anyone know these guys (Sundial)are good? Been with them since 2004...
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
I also have probably the same plan done with those chaps whose name rhymes with Sundial...

Anyone know these guys (Sundial)are good? Been with them since 2004...

apparently you'll get nothing
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

apparently you'll get nothing
Only if you cancel.

And the other problem is that if you come back on shore you cannot fund them from your gross salary, hence at that point a regular onshore pension is probably better.

You will also find that the first 18 months of contributions will probably just cover the fees to your new friend. No long term plans really work in that sense but it just seems that it's the long term plans that are peddled by most finanical planners (as it gives them a regular income) when really the client needs something else (especially in a transient envirnoment like this)

But if you run it to term, then they probably do the job...
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Only if you cancel.

And the other problem is that if you come back on shore you cannot fund them from your gross salary, hence at that point a regular onshore pension is probably better.

You will also find that the first 18 months of contributions will probably just cover the fees to your new friend. No long term plans really work in that sense but it just seems that it's the long term plans that are peddled by most finanical planners (as it gives them a regular income) when really the client needs something else (especially in a transient envirnoment like this)

But if you run it to term, then they probably do the job...

onshore pension is 'probably' better

first 18 months of contributions will 'probably' just cover the fees...

if you run it to term, then they 'probably' do the job

Probably you dont actually know about any of this stuff
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:14 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

this topic has been going and going on here for around 4 years now.

We have a few policies through deshits and whilst i wish we never bothered, i gotta say that we have no issues.

i have had another IFA who posts on here look at what we were sold and the feedback was that they are good for our circumstances..

in retrospect, i wouldnt go near them, we did and so far its not been too bad
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Timmy Molloy - London Boy;8002376

Probably you dont actually know about any of this stuff[/QUOTE]

Attack is the best form of defense eh Timmy?

More likely that I know nothing about your situation, nor want to.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Attack is the best form of defense eh Timmy?

More likely that I know nothing about your situation, nor want to.
typical cockney though...always right innit...
Old Oct 9th 2009, 5:33 pm
Bored liberal

onshore pension is 'probably' better

first 18 months of contributions will 'probably' just cover the fees...

if you run it to term, then they 'probably' do the job

Probably you dont actually know about any of this stuff

Well, as no one can predict what the actual investment returns will it is impossible to say how good an investment it will turn out to be. I very much doubt your adviser/salesperson a) has any decent qualifications b) the experience & knowledge to construct a proper portfolio and c) any knowledge of the likely tax implications on your return to the UK.

If you plan to remain in the UAE for just a few years a plan with a term that exceed that is NOT suitable and anywhere else would be a case for mis-selling.

Oh, and as an Independent Financial Adviser with many qualifications and 20 years experience and who puts her head well above the parapet, I am very well qualified to comment on this.

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.