British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   $9bn beach (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/%249bn-beach-824242/)

Bahtatboy Feb 6th 2014 7:16 am

$9bn beach
 
Saudi Arabia to spend $9bn developing beach for tourists

Saudi Arabia will spend SR34bn ($9bn) developing a beach on its east coast into a tourism destination, the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) has said.

SCTA vice president Hamad Alsimaeel said the Al Uqair Development Company had attracted SR17bn worth of investments to develop the beach, while general investment in the Al Uqair area was expected to reach SR34bn, Arab News reported.

Tourists would begin flocking to the area, near the kingdom’s borders with Qatar and Bahrain, in early 2017.


http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...ts-529992.html

Well flock me.

Boomhauer Feb 6th 2014 7:46 am

Re: $9bn beach
 
So it will have booze and tourists will be allowed to dress as if they are in a compound? Cause otherwise, who would want to go there:confused:

Alexa Feb 6th 2014 7:55 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11115833)
Saudi Arabia to spend $9bn developing beach for tourists

Saudi Arabia will spend SR34bn ($9bn) developing a beach on its east coast into a tourism destination, the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) has said.

SCTA vice president Hamad Alsimaeel said the Al Uqair Development Company had attracted SR17bn worth of investments to develop the beach, while general investment in the Al Uqair area was expected to reach SR34bn, Arab News reported.

Tourists would begin flocking to the area, near the kingdom’s borders with Qatar and Bahrain, in early 2017.


http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...ts-529992.html

Well flock me.

I better get my burkini ready then...ah wait...they don't have tourist visas....maybe I become Muslim and take a trip to the beach during Umrah. NOT.

martinbkk Feb 6th 2014 8:41 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11115858)
So it will have booze and tourists will be allowed to dress as if they are in a compound? Cause otherwise, who would want to go there:confused:

All those for whom such pursuits hold no interest I guess. Must be plenty of them globally I guess :)

Maxima Feb 6th 2014 9:37 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11115833)
Tourists would begin flocking to the area, near the kingdom’s borders with Qatar and Bahrain, in early 2017.[/I]

.

I do not know which hack started it, but the word "flocking"/"flocks" has invariably been appearing since time immemorial in any news item in the Gulf when referring to people going to a mall or park or event

Thye never go to or visit a place; they "flock" :blink:

Blue Cat Feb 6th 2014 10:38 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11115833)
Saudi Arabia to spend $9bn developing beach for tourists

Saudi Arabia will spend SR34bn ($9bn) developing a beach on its east coast into a tourism destination, the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) has said.

SCTA vice president Hamad Alsimaeel said the Al Uqair Development Company had attracted SR17bn worth of investments to develop the beach, while general investment in the Al Uqair area was expected to reach SR34bn, Arab News reported.

Tourists would begin flocking to the area, near the kingdom’s borders with Qatar and Bahrain, in early 2017.


http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi...ts-529992.html

Well flock me.

Muslim tourists I assume?

shiva Feb 6th 2014 11:28 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Maxima (Post 11115977)
I do not know which hack started it, but the word "flocking"/"flocks" has invariably been appearing since time immemorial in any news item in the Gulf when referring to people going to a mall or park or event

Thye never go to or visit a place; they "flock" :blink:

whilst certainly not the most popular word in history for once the papers are bang on trend as its use once more comes into fashion

here

no im not bored, just having lunch and deciding if in fact i'll just call it a day full stop

shiva Feb 6th 2014 11:31 am

Re: $9bn beach
 
well **** me

hopeless derail but the word **** is less common now than it was around 1650

here

nonthaburi Feb 6th 2014 6:52 pm

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11115858)
So it will have booze and tourists will be allowed to dress as if they are in a compound? Cause otherwise, who would want to go there:confused:

Millions of people already in Saudi or who come to Saudi who are not interested in booze and bikinis.

Try Salam Park in Riyadh on a Friday and it is packed with people having a picnic, none of whom are drinking booze and all of whom are dressed appropriately for the surroundings.

Alexa Feb 6th 2014 7:11 pm

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 11116961)
Millions of people already in Saudi or who come to Saudi who are not interested in booze and bikinis.

Try Salam Park in Riyadh on a Friday and it is packed with people having a picnic, none of whom are drinking booze and all of whom are dressed appropriately for the surroundings.

Ah yes, and those people are interested in beaches...appropriately dressed. :thumbsup:

alfrombarking Feb 7th 2014 2:23 am

Re: $9bn beach
 
and I thought that those 5 million + Hajjis they are getting every year were enough

nonthaburi Feb 7th 2014 8:04 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11117000)
Ah yes, and those people are interested in beaches...appropriately dressed. :thumbsup:

Any excuse to have a picnic and get fatter. If the beach does happen one thing they will have to do is have an army of litterpickers. The amount of crap lying around when people leave is terrible.

redShark Feb 7th 2014 3:19 pm

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11117000)
Ah yes, and those people are interested in beaches...appropriately dressed. :thumbsup:


I am sure it is going to be an interesting place to have in Saudi. Mind you, there are lots of Saudi men who have never seen white flesh in real life. I am sure those guys will be delighted to have those beaches on their shores so they can come along with their binoculars and enjoy the sceneries. It is going to be birds watching, Saudi style!

Alexa Feb 8th 2014 8:54 am

Re: $9bn beach
 

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11118175)
I am sure it is going to be an interesting place to have in Saudi. Mind you, there are lots of Saudi men who have never seen white flesh in real life. I am sure those guys will be delighted to have those beaches on their shores so they can come along with their binoculars and enjoy the sceneries. It is going to be birds watching, Saudi style!

Well...there , there....wishful thinking at its finest.

northbadawi Feb 10th 2014 7:19 pm

Re: $9bn beach
 
1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11117000)
Ah yes, and those people are interested in beaches...appropriately dressed. :thumbsup:

Obviously


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.