what i need for st lucia

Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:11 am
Just Joined

leshy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what i need for st lucia

hi there im a kiwi looking at coming to st lucia. My partner is st lucian but im just wondering what i need regards to what visa i need im looking at spending 4 months there and will most probably look for some work while im there. if anyone can please me it would be very much appreciated.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:36 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what i need for st lucia

Originally Posted by leshy
hi there im a kiwi looking at coming to st lucia. My partner is st lucian but im just wondering what i need regards to what visa i need im looking at spending 4 months there and will most probably look for some work while im there. if anyone can please me it would be very much appreciated.
Leshy you are normally granted 28 days maximum stay when you visit St Lucia. You will then have to apply for an extended stay in Castries.
There is very little chance of you being granted a work permit to work whilst on vacation. You may be able to participate in voluntary work if you wish.
Enjoy the extended holiday.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:55 am
Just Joined

thank you very much for that. So is there nothing i can really do to be able to stay in st lucia for a longer period of time apart from extending that 28 day visa? because if things go well i will most probably want to stay and live in st lucia with my partner?
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:44 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leshy
thank you very much for that. So is there nothing i can really do to be able to stay in st lucia for a longer period of time apart from extending that 28 day visa? because if things go well i will most probably want to stay and live in st lucia with my partner?
Hi Leshy if you are married to your partner and she has St Lucian citizenship you will become a citizen through marriage after filling out the paperwork.

If you are unmarried and she holds St Lucian citizenship, this will hold no weight in your favour.

Other routes are opening a business that will create employment or get a business to hire you and sponsor you for the visa. The latter is not easy as the position has to be advertised and offered to locals first, and they have to prove that there are not suitably qualified locals for the position.

I heard some plans on the grapevine to allow residency for those who purchase quite high value property ie exceeding about 250k UK, but I do not think this has materialised yet.

Last edited by pgtips; Jun 15th 2009 at 2:56 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:04 am
Just Joined

thank you very much for that in formation and it has definetly helped me alot with my plans for st lucia...