Uk Driving Licence

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:30 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Driving Licence

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats great, well done ... when nothing else left to put forward, start being rude and judgemental
Then start reading what I am writing properly.

(As it appears, you're actually a very talented photographer! I just wish you would read and comprehend what I am writing rather than continue to mis-read)
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Then start reading what I am writing properly.

(As it appears, you're actually a very talented photographer! I just wish you would read and comprehend what I am writing rather than continue to mis-read)
Thank you for that

On this though ... I'm not misreading what you say honestly .... I just don't agree with what you say because Ive already researched this to death in the past. People sometimes don't agree ..... thats life
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:51 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

hungryhorace has it right. The expiry of your photocard is mutually exclusive from the expiry date of your actual licence. Using my licence as an example, looking at the front I can see that my photocard expires on 06/10/2020 i.e. ten years since my photo was last updated however looking on the back of my photocard I can see my licence actually expires on 09/04/2054 i.e. the day before my 70th birthday.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 9:06 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
hungryhorace has it right. The expiry of your photocard is mutually exclusive from the expiry date of your actual licence. Using my licence as an example, looking at the front I can see that my photocard expires on 06/10/2020 i.e. ten years since my photo was last updated however looking on the back of my photocard I can see my licence actually expires on 09/04/2054 i.e. the day before my 70th birthday.
Yes ... and no.

My licence also shows an expiry date for when I am (I think) 70, but ..... the licence HAS to be renewed every 10 years. If you dont renew it, then it is out of date and you take the risk

I'm tiring of repeating this, but I have already researched this, with DVLA etc ... if you don't accept it, fine ... just google it and read from competent legal authorities what the consequences might be. I am not, as a moderator on this site, going to allow people to think that they can allow the renewal date to go by without the risk of any consequences.

If you are unsure, go to a local Police Station or phone the DVLA and ask, or speak to a solicitor
Old Jan 24th 2014, 9:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ... and no.

My licence also shows an expiry date for when I am (I think) 70, but ..... the licence HAS to be renewed every 10 years. If you dont renew it, then it is out of date and you take the risk

I'm tiring of repeating this, but I have already researched this, with DVLA etc ... if you don't accept it, fine ... just google it and read from competent legal authorities what the consequences might be. I am not, as a moderator on this site, going to allow people to think that they can allow the renewal date to go by without the risk of any consequences.

If you are unsure, go to a local Police Station or phone the DVLA and ask, or speak to a solicitor
You will be fined for not renewing your photocard but it's your photocard that expires not your licence. There are many people who still only hold an old paper licence. For them there is no such requirement.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 10:57 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You will be fined for not renewing your photocard but it's your photocard that expires not your licence. There are many people who still only hold an old paper licence. For them there is no such requirement.
Yes, I agree ...... but the message is still renew your photocard licence every 10 years ........ as I originally stated, it is different for the full paper licences.

I cant get more official than this Government advice, but judging from whats gone before on this thread, thats probably wrong as well

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...iving-licences

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 24th 2014 at 11:00 am.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 12:16 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I agree ...... but the message is still renew your photocard licence every 10 years ........ as I originally stated, it is different for the full paper licences.

I cant get more official than this Government advice, but judging from whats gone before on this thread, thats probably wrong as well

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...iving-licences
Where on that page does it say your driving licence is invalidated if you don't renew your photo card? It doesn't. Why? Because it's simply untrue to claim as such.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:47 pm
Senior Moment

Where on that page does it say your driving licence is invalidated if you don't renew your photo card? It doesn't. Why? Because it's simply untrue to claim as such.
OK, it's OK to risk a 1000 fine then?
I guess the members here will make up their own mind HH

Try this one :-)

Your new licence will normally run out ten years
from the date we issue
it, unless you are over sixty
or hold a medical licence

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_078131.pdf

Notice the words above .... runs out ...

That's two government web sites and a lawyers site so far. I'm giving up now because I'm pretty sure people will understand what they should do to avoid any risk ..... don't you?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:50 pm
Banned

OK, it's OK to risk a 1000 fine then?
I guess the members here will make up their own mind HH

Try this one :-)

Your new licence will normally run out ten years
from the date we issue
it, unless you are over sixty
or hold a medical licence

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_078131.pdf

Notice the words above .... runs out ...
It's wrong. Government websites often give incorrect information you realise?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:29 pm
Senior Moment

It's wrong. Government websites often give incorrect information you realise?
So thats the DVLA, the UK Gov Government web site and the solicitors who make their money representing the law .......... all wrong, and you're right ... OK, no problem ... I understand
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:33 pm
Banned

So thats the DVLA, the UK Gov Government web site and the solicitors who make their money representing the law .......... all wrong, and you're right ... OK, no problem ... I understand
No, the DVLA is not wrong. See their email to a citizen above in which they confirm what I have said all along.

All I read is one non-lawyer offering advice on an issue he's clearly not qualified to offer advice on.
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

princess1 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone
i am new to the forum can anyone help me with some clear advise please.......
i have recently moved back to the UK, and my driving licence has expired!
I been told not to put that i was living in Spain on my renewal form.
Then i have also been told to put that i was living in Spain.

I did try to apply on line entered all details that i lived in Spain ect then the process didn't go through as my passport is more than 5 yrs old well it just said to go to the post office.

Although i am living here i am at a family members at the moment is this an issue that i was out of the country.????

i returned every month to UK since august.

i am registering with doctors ect next week.

Any advise would be much appreciated by a very confused princess....
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:27 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by princess1
Hi everyone
i am new to the forum can anyone help me with some clear advise please.......
i have recently moved back to the UK, and my driving licence has expired!
I been told not to put that i was living in Spain on my renewal form.
Then i have also been told to put that i was living in Spain.

I did try to apply on line entered all details that i lived in Spain ect then the process didn't go through as my passport is more than 5 yrs old well it just said to go to the post office.

Although i am living here i am at a family members at the moment is this an issue that i was out of the country.????

i returned every month to UK since august.

i am registering with doctors ect next week.

Any advise would be much appreciated by a very confused princess....

Well ..... go to the post office then :-)
As you say, you have to have a recent passport to get your licence renewed on line, but you can do it at the post office. I think you can even do it at your local DVLA office, but don't quote me on that. What has caused you concern? If you live in the UK and are resident here, then it's not a problem.

One thing is for sure ..... if you dont do it, then you cant drive in the UK
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:29 pm
Senior Moment

Oh, you've removed the post .... is there a problem?
Old Feb 8th 2014, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

princess1 is on a distinguished road

Oh, you've removed the post .... is there a problem?
whoops new to this im not sure what im doing !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.