Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

Two professional online poker players hoping to re-locate to St Lucia. June2012

Two professional online poker players hoping to re-locate to St Lucia. June2012

Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Lakeylakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Two professional online poker players hoping to re-locate to St Lucia. June2012

Hi guys!

First of all thanks for all the invaluable advice I have found all over this forum!

We are two guys currently living in zone 1 central London. While we love it here, we have both spent a lot of time in the carribean, and instead of sitting in our expensive house in the middle of London we have decided we'd like to take a break on the beach for 6-12 months.

I've been doing my research, and from what I can see - we are ok to stay for 6 months with no work permit - is that the case?

We both have a good stable income of 5k GBP + per month..

I'm wondering how it will work when we first enter the country? Will we be asked questions about how long we plan to stay etc?

I'm also wondering about long term rentals there. If we were able to pay 6 months up front - would it be as simple as that? We'd both like to keep our english bank accounts etc..

I think thats about all I need to know at the moment, any answers will be greatly appreciated, and if you need any clarification just let me know!

Looking forward to conversing in other threads!

Cheers.

Lakes.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:48 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two professional online poker players hoping to re-locate to St Lucia. June2012

Originally Posted by Lakeylakes
Hi guys!

First of all thanks for all the invaluable advice I have found all over this forum!

We are two guys currently living in zone 1 central London. While we love it here, we have both spent a lot of time in the carribean, and instead of sitting in our expensive house in the middle of London we have decided we'd like to take a break on the beach for 6-12 months.

I've been doing my research, and from what I can see - we are ok to stay for 6 months with no work permit - is that the case?

We both have a good stable income of 5k GBP + per month..

I'm wondering how it will work when we first enter the country? Will we be asked questions about how long we plan to stay etc?

I'm also wondering about long term rentals there. If we were able to pay 6 months up front - would it be as simple as that? We'd both like to keep our english bank accounts etc..

I think thats about all I need to know at the moment, any answers will be greatly appreciated, and if you need any clarification just let me know!

Looking forward to conversing in other threads!

Cheers.

Lakes.
British Passport holders do not need visas to enter Saint Lucia for visits up to 42 days. It is an offence to stay beyond 42 days without permission from the local immigration authorities. It is also an offence to take any form of paid employment without a work permit.

I hope this helps, you have to apply for an extension to stay when you are on the island with immigration. When you first enter the country you will be asked what is the purpose of your visit and where are you staying. This has to be filled out on the landing document also. They normally stamp up to 28 days at the airport though they may well stamp the 42 if you explain you are staying longer.

Last edited by pgtips; Dec 9th 2011 at 3:51 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Lakeylakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two professional online poker players hoping to re-locate to St Lucia. June2012

Thanks for the reply..

couple of questions:

1: Say i rent a property for 6 months within the 42 days will i be able to apply for the extension before hand? or does the 42 days have to be spent before i am able to , and:

2: whats the likely hood of immigration letting me stay with no work permit, if i dont plan to work, but can show I have earnings to live off?

Thanks again
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

SarahCapEstate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My parents have been visiting my house in St.Lucia for some years and have never had any problems obtaining an extension to their visa's. As long as you have a return ticket for within six weeks time and pay the fee. You won't have any problems.

If you book with Virgin they allow you to change your flight, as long as you use it within 12 months. They will charge £100 or £50 if you are a flying club member and paid partly by virgin miles. British Airways don't allow any changes.

They will renew a visa from the date you apply, so they use to renew it within a few days of the visa expiring.

Hope this helps