Tropical Storm Chantal

Old Jul 9th 2013, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tropical Storm Chantal

I hope that everybody is doing OK with Chantal so far.

National Hurricane Center in Miami says it was already 60 odd miles North-West of St Lucia at 11:00 am local time but the rain keeps on and on.

Just don't know if it is safe to start putting things (storm shutters) away as there seems to be no wind and hasn't really been any blow apart from at 6:20 am when things started to howl for about a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jul 9th 2013 at 4:26 pm. Reason: storm shutters
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tropical Storm Chantal

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
I hope that everybody is doing OK with Chantal so far.

National Hurricane Center in Miami says it was already 60 odd miles North-West of St Lucia at 11:00 am local time but the rain keeps on and on.

Just don't know if it is safe to start putting things (storm shutters) away as there seems to be no wind and hasn't really been any blow apart from at 6:20 am when things started to howl for about a couple of minutes.
Apparently the Cap Estate and Bonne Terre areas suffered sustained high winds just before noon which is in line with the guidance that the storm, such as it was as it did not appear particularly well-organised, moved between St Lucia and Martinique in the St Lucia Channel.

I would estimate that we got approx three inches of rain today (so far) in the Roseau Valley.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jul 9th 2013 at 8:47 pm.