Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Saint Lucia
Reload this Page >

tall slim single blonde...is this a good idea?

tall slim single blonde...is this a good idea?

Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Cam79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tall slim single blonde...is this a good idea?

Hello all i wonder if you can offer me some advice. I have been offered a fabulous job and am seriously considering the move. Will be visiting again this march to scope out the opportunity and job/accommodation details etc. im a little hesitant as i have lived in three countries and not sure I can face moving again although St Lucia is stunning i am currently in New York (im from London) and the difference in lifestyle is going to be enormous. Im single in my early 30's and not sure how that's going to work out in St Lucia. My job will be mostly based in SL but half the time will be travelling to the other islands so I hope I can make friends with both locals and expat european/americans. Im very social and have an amazing group of girl friends here in NY i wonder if i can find that there? as an english tall blonde single woman do you think safety is going to be an issue (im often asked if i model so im going to stick out!!) Last time i moved countries was always with a partner this is the first time in considering it on my own. i just don't want to feel cut off and lonely and i dont want to be single for ever. don't mean to sound pathetic but that's my biggest concern. Thanks looking forward to your advice/experiences/opinion. Cheers

Last edited by Cam79; Feb 6th 2013 at 7:34 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tall slim single blonde...is this a good idea?

Originally Posted by Cam79
Hello all i wonder if you can offer me some advice. I have been offered a fabulous job and am seriously considering the move. Will be visiting again this march to scope out the opportunity and job/accommodation details etc. im a little hesitant as i have lived in three countries and not sure I can face moving again although St Lucia is stunning i am currently in New York (im from London) and the difference in lifestyle is going to be enormous. Im single in my early 30's and not sure how that's going to work out in St Lucia. My job will be mostly based in SL but half the time will be travelling to the other islands so I hope I can make friends with both locals and expat european/americans. Im very social and have an amazing group of girl friends here in NY i wonder if i can find that there? as an english tall blonde single woman do you think safety is going to be an issue (im often asked if i model so im going to stick out!!) Last time i moved countries was always with a partner this is the first time in considering it on my own. i just don't want to feel cut off and lonely and i dont want to be single for ever. don't mean to sound pathetic but that's my biggest concern. Thanks looking forward to your advice/experiences/opinion. Cheers
When you come down in March, make sure that you ask people for their honest views regarding your plans, not the job and accommodation bits, but the fact that you intend to come as a single eligible female.

There is a perception that certain islanders - not just in St Lucia - lie in wait for females such as yourself for a meal-ticket or a way out to greener pastures, and that things do not necessarily always turn out for the best.

Part of the problem is that the visitor typically also has or is seen to have an interest in making a "connection" of some sort, so this is perceived as being a simple trade-off.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

wanderlust82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cam79
Hi Cam,

I've just moved to St Lucia ( I got here on Friday). I'm from the UK and in my early 30's, single and I'll be here for 6 months. So far things have all been fine for me (male attention wise) although I haven't ventured out much at night time and I'm an average height brunette so I guess I don't stick out too much.

If you decide to move out here I'd love to meet up with you as it would be great to make a friend.

Susie
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of lightSarah1234 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi I too am tall and blonde, i have dated locals and ex-pats I can tell you honestly it is up to you and your attitude, you will be sort after, if you stick to the ex pats it will be better for you. I am afraid that most white single ladies are treated as meal tickets and will get lots of attention, dont be fooled most of them just want your money and to get you into bed ( hope that's not too rude for this forum, that is just my experience) , once they get what they want its bye, bye, it is also seen as a huge status symbol to have a white woman by the local guys. I am married to a local now and have been here a long time, orignally from the UK so I have been through it all.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

hrodriguez231 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I will like to be friends of such womens like all of you, you all seem like a great person to meet.
I am from Cuba, living here in St. Lucia, I don't have too many friends here, I will like to meet people like you, with knowledge and intelligence, your words has very much sense to me.
Ok, in case anyone wants a friend, someone to talk to, just write me, I am an engineer with good education, and I will love to learn more about this country, anyway, have a good conversation.

Take care.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Soloo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with be there soon, coming from the UK. Inbox me ur contact
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Confused123 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was exactly me a few years ago! It's not easy! Good luck, you'll need it!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

AmyLMurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Im not currently living there but my other half is St Lucian living in the UK, I am British and we met in the UK. We are considering making the move in a year or so.

I must say, even by being with a partner, you will get stared at, whistles and comments made. I just take this in good humour, they are men and like to try their luck. The other half didnt take it so well!

You will stand out and be stared at a lot, especially if you are in areas where there are mainly locals, like we were. However, this shouldnt be something to put you off if its something you want to do. From what I can see, there are plenty of expats living over there so you should have no problem making friends. Although, if you are comfortable and happy where you are, maybe consider it for a while longer.

Hope this is of some help!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:42 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Is BE going into the dating service now, sounds a lot like it, and I'm afraid some of the posts sound suspiciously trollish.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

AmyLMurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Is BE going into the dating service now, sounds a lot like it, and I'm afraid some of the posts sound suspiciously trollish.
If this was to me, sorry Im new on here, was just trying to be helpful.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It has cheered the Cuban engineer up though.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a short, overweight, married blue rinse. What do you think my chances are?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm a short, overweight, married blue rinse. What do you think my chances are?
I'm blonde sometimes, and sometimes a redhead. I'm also short and actually getting shorter, also a bit overweight but I do love wearing boots. Does that help my chances??
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:20 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Sort after? Sort after?

Are you ****ing kidding me?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Sort after? Sort after?

Are you ****ing kidding me?
I missed that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.